UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

With regards to the pacing of Gundam releases, I think that they had struck a nice pace a couple of years ago, it wasn't super fast but there was always another release around the corner and at that pace it seemed that they could realistically get through the whole series in a few more years. It certainly looked much better than on the French side (which skipped 0079 and Turn A and did a 0083 boxset with the same artwork but with only the movie). The whole thing seems completely stuck now though, and with the most recent installments being distributed by other companies one wonders if AL will even pick them up for home video. I hope that the gap in releases was truly due to corporate reshuffling at Bandai and that there is a bunch of releases just around the corner.

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not but AOL have Memories listed as now releasing October 3rd though AL still have it listed as releasing September 12th so not sure if we'll get a last minute delay from AL or if it'll ship normal from them and other places will get it at a later date.
We placed an order for it last week then got a retailer update stating it had moved to October.

i wonder if AL is any closer to releasing the Attack on Titan S3 soundtrack on CD yet, so close to giving up and ordering the Japanese release
i hope it doesn't come to that cause i'll want to re-order 1 and 2 for matching OBI cards

Let's look on the bright side. We're a day or 2 away from when they have to post gundam seed destiny and there's no word of a delay. Royal mail may have stumped us but AL haven't let us down.

Let's look on the bright side. We're a day or 2 away from when they have to post gundam seed destiny and there's no word of a delay. Royal mail may have stumped us but AL haven't let us down.
No official information has actually been given to retailers - I only learnt of it from their blog post when it was posted. And we haven't been told it's exclusive to them so...

But honestly - has there been a single AL Collector's Edition set in all of 2022 that has NOT been delayed? I just automatically tack on 3 months to the original release date to set my expectations right from the start, so I don't need to get all in a tizzy when the delays are repeatedly announced. It's a given, now. My only issue is that I have to pay up front so far in advance for all these delayed pre-orders, unlike with Rightstuf where I don't get charged for something until it actually ships. But, that's only a minor issue for me.

Last edited:
But honestly - has there been a single AL Collector's Edition set in all of 2022 that has NOT been delayed? I just automatically tack on 3 months to the original release date to set my expectations right from the start, so I don't need to get all in a tizzy when the delays are repeatedly announced. It's a given, now. My only issue is that I have to pay up front so far in advance for all these delayed pre-orders, unlike with Rightstuf where I don't get charged for something until it actually ships. But, that's only a minor issue for me.
I think Lupin part 6 came out on time but I might be misremembering

Back