UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

My Oppo Blu-ray players allow you to adjust the height where the subtitles appear on the screen, so perhaps I can lower them all the way to the bottom when I watch it. Reading 4 lines of text in itself is not an issue for me, but if it covers up other text on the screen, then that is a bit inconvenient.
What model of player do you have? That sounds like a useful feature.

Will Lupin The 3rd Part IV and Fujiko Mine make sense if you've never ever ever seen anything about Lupin before?
They'll both make sense. Lupin is like Scooby Doo where you can follow along with an episode, movie or series so long as you've got a grasp on what the main characters are like.
Woman Called Fujiko Mine is a completely standalone series that introduces all the major characters, albeit with a darker tone and different interpretations for some of them. So it works as its own series and an introduction to the series. Part 4 is more light-hearted and traditional. It shakes some things up but not enough that new viewers would be confused.

Last edited:
What model of player do you have? That sounds like a useful feature.
I have both an Oppo UDP-203 and a BDP-93, and Subtitle Shift is an available feature on both of them.

I'm still very upset Oppo stopped making disc players in 2018, they are such nice machines... :(

Last edited:
I find it utterly bizarre that in 2022 that you can't just change subtitle size, font, colour, position, whatever, add your own, as default on all players. How complicated can it be?
Quite complicated, because the subtitle format for DVDs and BDs are literally a series of images, not text.

Well, it's good I didn't go for the Mystery Box then, as I already have the CE sets of three of those titles - Ride Your Wave, Fireworks, and Amanchu - and the other two I'm not really interested in getting.

Last edited:
They'll both make sense. Lupin is like Scooby Doo where you can follow along with an episode, movie or series so long as you've got a grasp on what the main characters are like.
Woman Called Fujiko Mine is a completely standalone series that introduces all the major characters, albeit with a darker tone and different interpretations for some of them. So it works as its own series and an introduction to the series. Part 4 is more light-hearted and traditional. It shakes some things up but not enough that new viewers would be confused.
Thanks! (and to @RadFemHedonist too!)

I've ordered them both, so I'm looking forward to seeing them! 😄

I'm debating whether I should import the Emma CE sets or not, when I already have the Nozomi DVD box sets and their Kickstarter Blu-ray box set as well. I totally love the series though, so I'll probably end up snagging them during the Christmas Sale.

Back