UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Not gonna lie, I was hoping for a bit more from the summer sale - perhaps some of January's CEs (mainly El Hazard). I'm sure they'll be in the Xmas sale, but it's such a disastrous time to order stuff when AL have millions of orders to ship and the post is a nightmare.

Anyway, came away with Maquia CE, despite owning an as-yet unwatched SE copy and hating everything Okada has had a hand in except Hanasaku and Toradora (mostly) 😂 But it's so pretty... And I had no idea it was still in-print/available.

I would have bought it but wasn't hugely into the show, it was definitely an odd experience watching it. Could see why people might love it, but a bit too weird for me!

I'm almost sure I won't care for it, but I did blind-pre-order the Penguindrum CE when it first listed, because I believe a better master was used so the video quality is supposed to be way better than that awful Sentai release, which I also have. They are both still sitting sealed on my shelf, lol. One of these days I'll get brave enough to try watching it...

Last edited:
I discovered that All the Anime/Anime Limited were involved in the UK premiere of Digimon Last Evolution Kizuna back in March 2022.

Does this mean that they'll likely be responsible for its home release?

USA have had a DVD/Bluray release for quite a while now.

Was there any word on the Penguindrum subtitles? Or was it just a better video master used?
Only watched the first couple of episodes but they had numerous instances of subtitles split into three or even four lines for no apparent reason. Sometimes they overlap signs. Never seen anything like it and can't imagine it was intended that way.

More disappointing than a deal-breaker for me, but YMMV.

I discovered that All the Anime/Anime Limited were involved in the UK premiere of Digimon Last Evolution Kizuna back in March 2022.

Does this mean that they'll likely be responsible for its home release?

USA have had a DVD/Bluray release for quite a while now.

think Madman has also have a Bluray for while as well :p

Only watched the first couple of episodes but they had numerous instances of subtitles split into three or even four lines for no apparent reason. Sometimes they overlap signs. Never seen anything like it and can't imagine it was intended that way.

More disappointing than a deal-breaker for me, but YMMV.

My Oppo Blu-ray players allow you to adjust the height where the subtitles appear on the screen, so perhaps I can lower them all the way to the bottom when I watch it. Reading 4 lines of text in itself is not an issue for me, but if it covers up other text on the screen, then that is a bit inconvenient.

Back