UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Yeah I won’t be watching my set until film 2 is also out as that is the real ending and was announced before the TV show but who knows if they will also get film 1!

it will still be active until the end of the 12 months if you do so.
I don't think this is true, I asked Hanners about it on the discord a while back and he said...
It's a frustration of the system we currently use - cancelling basically ends the membership rather than letting it run until the end of the membership period (for some reason), so the easiest option is to set a reminder to cancel a few days before it's up if you don't want it to renew

From the looks of it, I suspect AL is dispatching copies of CCS to the international folks first so they can get a heads start on receiving the set since it'll take a while.

I expect the UK folks to receive their dispatch notices tomorrow.

Meanwhile, Emma: A Victorian Romance and El-Hazard: Alternative World both dispatched.

An post have failed me :( my Belle is on its way back to AL
Hmm...

I'm still waiting on an order from MVM that cleared customs 2 weeks ago no, no movement on tracking since and no response to email enquiries.
One thing I'm really curious about is if we can get a refund on the VAT and fee we paid when they screw up, we obviously should but my guess is we'll have to jump through hoops to get it if we can at all...

Meanwhile my copy of Belle somehow slipped through without having customs applied. That's only the second package thats happened to since the changes.
I've had I think 4, maybe 5 packages slip through customs, but for the most recent few they've sent the invoice after delivery, more than a week after for a couple of them, still haven't paid those, part of me is wondering if the above package is unofficially being held "hostage" until I do pay the outstanding ones. :p

AL need to put some information about (Un)Limited on their FAQ - it kinda seems like they're being deliberately vague in the hope people will forget (or not be able to work out how) to cancel their subscriptions.

Sometimes it feels like the only way to find things out is to post on here and hope someone sees your post who also happened to see a message about it on Discord once.

(Maybe remove the Christmas sale update from the top of the FAQ too!)

I'm still waiting on an order from MVM that cleared customs 2 weeks ago no, no movement on tracking since and no response to email enquiries.
Those tracking numbers on MVM packages that usually start with UH are only used for Customs purposes, they don't work for location. For customer service try a dm on Twitter to @postvox
One thing I'm really curious about is if we can get a refund on the VAT and fee we paid when they screw up, we obviously should but my guess is we'll have to jump through hoops to get it if we can at all...
You can get it refunded but you have to put in a dispute to do so and can take 2 months. If they still haven't done so you can file in the small claims court but it costs €25 to do so an is probably more than the amount charged.

Those tracking numbers on MVM packages that usually start with UH are only used for Customs purposes, they don't work for location.
Huh, I was sure I could track other MVM items until delivery with those, but you're right, I checked other recent ones in my email and they all stop updates after customs clearance despite long being delivered since.

For customer service try a dm on Twitter to @postvox
I'm not quite desperate enough to create a twitter account for this just yet. :p

Sometimes it feels like the only way to find things out is to post on here and hope someone sees your post who also happened to see a message about it on Discord once.
This is a constant frustration for me, being banned from the Discord. I always have to ask my brother if there any updates from the Discord that he thinks I should know about.

Hmm...

I've had I think 4, maybe 5 packages slip through customs, but for the most recent few they've sent the invoice after delivery, more than a week after for a couple of them, still haven't paid those, part of me is wondering if the above package is unofficially being held "hostage" until I do pay the outstanding ones. :p
If you go through an post Facebook they will give you an email to get vat refunded

Back