UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I thought they would be hyping it up more videos with the new scan etc getting the newer (as it’s a few years old can’t call it new now) JP scan and changing the subs from NISA, I did think it would have been getting a big campaign but if it is truly coming out on the 23rd it will be with a whimper and not a bang,

We definitely will be giving it a real push circa release - I'd point out that pre-sales have been very strong as is there. It's a project where a lot of curved balls can crop up in authoring given both the age of the language materials and the runtime (70 episodes is a l o t.)

Best,

Andrew

Is ATA (or anyone else for that matter) planning to release Belle on vinyl?

I saw Milan Records had a pre order link go live last night but that appears to be US only and sold out near instantly.

It's MIlan releasing it, not us but we'll be stocking it on our store shortly :). It's just taken a bit longer than usual to get the info on this one for the EU side - we'll have an announcement for it on the store when it's ready for preorders :).

Andrew

I made more than my money back too (thanks to the £13.49 Cardcaptor saving), but unfortunately I can't afford to buy much anime anymore.

I haven't bought anything from AL since the start of December and I really don't know when I'll be able to again, so Unlimited had to go! 😅

That's pretty fair, also you can always resubscribe when you think you're likely to make back the cost of it in discounts or such as well! Always open to feedback and thoughts on ways to improve it as well :).

Andrew

Whoop looks like AL was lurking as they've deleted the 'going out of print' section (or moved it somewhere I can't find) and they've updated the preorder section!

Edit. Nope nevermind, just in a different section haha

I am lurking though and have paid attention, the website is now being reviewed and updated. Thanks for flagging it!

Andrew

I got to ask or I will regret it even if I'm not expecting an answer. Is there still any possibiliity that you guys will be able to release crunchyroll titles in the UK (e.g. Re:Zero season 2 when blu-rays are possible) or has that basically flown out of the window?

will anime limited have a presence at mcm london this may?

We're not attending this year - combination of points really but probably the biggest one is that on a personal level I still have reservations on a health & safety frontier. Whether we bring Anime Ltd staff or hire in event staff, I feel responsible for their wellbeing as well as that of those interacting with Anime Ltd at the event.

If I can't guarantee we've done everything we can to minimise the risk to both people at the event and my team attending then it's tough to make it happen. As it stands it seems highly unlikely we'll do any in 2022, but we're reviewing this regularly and looking somewhat hopefully towards 2023 there. We'll continue to support conventions where we can (aka advertise and look at what we can do with panel content.)

I got to ask or I will regret it even if I'm not expecting an answer. Is there still any possibiliity that you guys will be able to release crunchyroll titles in the UK (e.g. Re:Zero season 2 when blu-rays are possible) or has that basically flown out of the window?

Don't ask, don't hear there! There's still a decent possibility there :). Like with any big merge - Crunchyroll has been very busy with core activities there but we still get on very well and it's very much on the agenda there. We've had a few Crunchyroll licensed titles out the door in recent months as well so we'll no doubt have some more to talk about soon enough too :).

Andrew

Don't ask, don't hear there! There's still a decent possibility there :). Like with any big merge - Crunchyroll has been very busy with core activities there but we still get on very well and it's very much on the agenda there. We've had a few Crunchyroll licensed titles out the door in recent months as well so we'll no doubt have some more to talk about soon enough too :).

Andrew
Thank you very much.

Heya - just dropping in briefly (the joy of growing, lots more for poor lil' old me to do now!)

Playing a bit of catch up but this one was one of mine. So actually it wasn't downgraded or the budget cut at all. We commissioned a 29,300 word piece, in line with a BFI Classics book (which average between 25,000 and 30,000 words on average).

Jonathan delivered this and in the end the image assets we had / page layout meant the page count shifted from 132 pages just because I'd based that on Momotaro's required pages as it was a similar word count (what I forgot when doing that was that with Momotaro we had a bit more room for original artwork due to age of the property.)

Hope that clarifies on it!

Andrew

I thought it would probably be something like that, but happy to hear it confirmed!

29,300 words is just slightly more than I've used begging you to release it over the years 😜

--

Andrew

I confess I don't understand what Crunchyroll do and do not own, but if you guys could get Eizouken and Vladlove out in physical form that'd be great!

Andrew
You guys are my only hope for Yuru Camp and A Place Further than the Universe. 🙏

@anime_andrew
I forgot to ask since you guys that since you folks got My-Hime is there any chance of getting My-Otome (My-Zhime) as well the OVAs?

My-Hime and My-Otome are some of my favourite series and I want to own the franchise in complete CE form. 🙏🙏🙏

There's definitely a chance, need to see how well the former did but I'd really like to do those two as well given we only ever released the original when I was at Bandai!

Anbdrew

Back