UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

More standard edition Blu-rays incoming with Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test Platoon and El-Hazard: The Magnificent World.

FSrD7L8WIAQc164

FSrD8ENWUAAEZUH

That doesn't make me feel confident about the others. Or the con as a whole, it's been surprisingly poorly handled this year.

That doesn't make me feel confident about the others. Or the con as a whole, it's been surprisingly poorly handled this year.
I mean I don't know how much its the cons fault if exhibitors don't want to go. AL said to me it was because of the ongoing covid situation. Theres not much MCM can do about companies having that opinion.

I talked to the only guy selling anime at the con in October, he told me that even though they had a reduced capacity due to covid they didn't lower the cost of renting the stall space so thinking they wouldn't make there money back due to less people they just didn't bother and that's why you didn't see the bigger stalls there. Meanwhile when I look on the mcm twitter there's been constant messages for weeks about people not getting confirmation on there stalls this may in ah appropriate amount of time. Plus how can it be covid related when they've removed the restrictions including limited tickets?

I talked to the only guy selling anime at the con in October, he told me that even though they had a reduced capacity due to covid they didn't lower the cost of renting the stall space so thinking they wouldn't make there money back due to less people they just didn't bother and that's why you didn't see the bigger stalls there. Meanwhile when I look on the mcm twitter there's been constant messages for weeks about people not getting confirmation on there stalls this may in ah appropriate amount of time. Plus how can it be covid related when they've removed the restrictions including limited tickets?
I mean that's what AL said to me. This is exactly what Andy said in his email:

Regarding MCM London Comic Con, unfortunately due to the continuing COVID-19 situation we've made the decision not to attend these events this year, so we won't be exhibiting in person at the event in May.

Far enough just hope the others will be there. Though not sure how attended its going to be. I've actually seen people who've bought tickets say there not going because of the poor communication and week guests.

I'm confused about Future Boy Conan... pretty sure originally they were gonna do a proper book of 132 pages? I love Victorian Romance Emma but not sure that I can justify triple dipping when I already own the US BDs.

Heya - just dropping in briefly (the joy of growing, lots more for poor lil' old me to do now!)

Playing a bit of catch up but this one was one of mine. So actually it wasn't downgraded or the budget cut at all. We commissioned a 29,300 word piece, in line with a BFI Classics book (which average between 25,000 and 30,000 words on average).

Jonathan delivered this and in the end the image assets we had / page layout meant the page count shifted from 132 pages just because I'd based that on Momotaro's required pages as it was a similar word count (what I forgot when doing that was that with Momotaro we had a bit more room for original artwork due to age of the property.)

Hope that clarifies on it!

Andrew

While I'm here! Some more answers :).

Anyway, I have other question, because I lost focus on information... Probably. What's going on with this:

Let the vampires reign again, as Seraph of the End returns to the UK with a new Collector’s Edition, including seasons one and two of the series plus the original soundtrack from Hiroyuki Sawano on CD!

And now I see, that this box has only TV series (without OST)?

This one is totally on us - unfortunately after we listed the product things changed around and the soundtrack had to be removed. Nothing exciting behind it and a very unusual situation - sorry for any confusion or disappointment caused there.

Second question, Blood-C Ultimate Edition Blu-ray was already sent? I'm asking, because release date is set for end of April, and I don't receive information abound send package.

Blood-C Ultimate Edition is running behind due to me wanting to fine tune it all even more (there is A LOT) of very interesting stuff we were able to put together into it. It's off into print now so just waiting on the finished product to ship here!

Andrew

Does anyone know if they’ve said they have Lupin the 3rd Part 1? I also have the US release pre-ordered but will happily knock that one in the head if an AL version is coming. Seems likely given the amount of other Lupin stuff they’re releasing, but I can’t remember Part 1 being mentioned…

We haven't said yet but we're big fans of Lupin III and have more Lupin on the way. Currently I have nothing to say about Part I yet but stay tuned for more Lupin news :).

Andrew

Back