UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

My Black Lagoon CE arrived damaged from AOL as well, one of the very few UK anime sets I've imported that hasn't made the trip safely. The slipbox has two deep dings in it, and neither one is a typical corner crush; one is along the bottom edge of the spine, the other is in the middle of the left edge of the front panel of the box. I already own the US Premium Edition ammo box set, so I was double-dipping on the UK release specifically for the box and the digipak. I'm so disappointed. I'll probably end up just re-buying the set at some point, as international returns/replacements are not very feasible.
Oh man...
And I thought about trying out AOL next time (´。_。`)

I just hope your next Black Lagoon CE arrives intact. I'm probably sticking with mine for now, since international returns are not very cheap and ATA would not refund the costs.

Well I've ordered well over 100 CE and UE box sets from the UK, and they all have arrived in undamaged condition except for about three of them, and Black Lagoon happened to be one of those three damaged ones. I just got my Yona of the Dawn CE set yesterday, and the Josee Tiger and the Fish CE last week, and both of those arrived in perfect condition. So I can't complain too much about my shipping record for anime from the UK... :)

Disappointing to hear this.
I assume I just got lucky. I've not even got wear at the corners.
Same. I've never had any damage whatsoever from MVM shipped orders. I think its probably a case of stuff within the UK arriving quickly enough to avoid any potential issues rather than stuff going internationally which probably get thrown around a bit in the shipping process.

All three of those releases I mentioned just receiving were shipped in those cardboard wraps with the "wings" on the ends, and most of the time the sets do OK shipping to the US inside them. It all depends on what kind of abuse they get during shipping, and I guess Black Lagoon just got caught being used in a pick-up football game by employees at one of the postal hubs on the way to my house, lol...

All three of those releases I mentioned just receiving were shipped in those cardboard wraps with the "wings" on the ends, and most of the time the sets do OK shipping to the US inside them. It all depends on what kind of abuse they get during shipping, and I guess Black Lagoon just got caught being used in a pick-up football game by employees at one of the postal hubs on the way to my house, lol...
Yeah some postal workers are terrible like that. I saw a courier guy in my town after picking up a bunch of parcels just casually throwing them into his van without a care in the world. Its like some staff just dont care. It could be anything inside those boxes.

I recently purchased brand new copies of Re:Zero CE parts 1 & 2 from animebluray.co.uk and I was wondering if anybody knows if I can still get replacement discs for part 1, or am I too late. Thanks.

Haven't asked them in a while regarding Re:Zero replacement discs but last time I contacted them I was on the list. I bought from AllTheAnime christmas mystery bundle. And by on the list, still waiting for them to fully return to there offices before they will arrange set up for replacement disc.

So I would say your probably still good, so certainly worth contacting them and asking if you can be added to that list for replacement discs, but will just get you on there list and not really sure when they will get back too there offices (I been on the list for over a year).

Back