UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Well crap - that was really the only reason I added that title to my Holiday order. I probably should just cancel it now. But doing that would put me under the £100 free international shipping they had offered, so would they then charge me the normal £25 shipping for making that order short?
maybe as a one time thing considering the events they'll allow it
that probably won't happen

I presumed from the way it was written about the mystery title that'll we'll find out what it is when it goes live for the EB.
I think that's is gonna be the case.
I orginally, probably like a few other saw the wording "Watch this space, as they say" and to me that implied they might be more aiming for an update of that page or put out another news blast before hand.
Maybe that was there plan but had to postponed announcement because they couldn't confirm the last bits soon enough.

Be nice if it was. I was shocked by the video quality on the old BD. Robert Woodhead's visit to the Tokyo Lab has lead to some priceless discoveries in regards to film preservation. Makes me wonder if the doc will be updated, as it is outdated and contains blatant lies.

Be nice if it was. I was shocked by the video quality on the old BD. Robert Woodhead's visit to the Tokyo Lab has lead to some priceless discoveries in regards to film preservation. Makes me wonder if the doc will be updated, as it is outdated and contains blatant lies.
DoC?

ether way @anime_andrew

FN26k_JVEAISwEh

between this and Digimon it would be Cool to See most of this come over to the UK , devil man astro boy , Lupin , violence Jack , Uzumaki , project ako , dark Stalkers

Last edited:
The old Cyber City Blu comes with a documentary about the history of the series, it's impact on UK fandom and putting together the Blu. There are parts where you can tell they are making things up, like "there's no film master of the whole thing" and it "looks good on on a modern display" when it was full of compression artefacts straight out of the DivX era. The footage from the series used in the documentary is also from that particular Blu-ray, so hope that gets updated to reflect the new 35mm restoration.

The original negative was found at in the Tokyo Lab vault, alongside Project A-ko, the Fatal Fury specials, Appleseed, Angel Cop and Violence Jack.

Last edited:
It might be because the episode count is intimidating to newcomers.
Though with many older series getting releases, it might stand a chance since it'd be aimed at the market of Conan fans, not the general anime market. Though whether there are enough Conan fans is another question entirely.
I still wish we'd gotten a UK release, or english one at all, of Magic Kaito 1412.

It might be because the episode count is intimidating to newcomers.
Though with many older series getting releases, it might stand a chance since it'd be aimed at the market of Conan fans, not the general anime market. Though whether there are enough Conan fans is another question entirely.
I still wish we'd gotten a UK release, or english one at all, of Magic Kaito 1412.
I definately get that side, but they're all standalone movies being released by Discotek (6 so far) including a film with a condensed retelling of the story. There's even been a Lupin vs Conan crossover special released. I guess we could also wonder why we haven't got all the Lupin films either really.

Back