UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Re: the price of Conan, I think £50 is a pretty reasonable price as an early bird when you compare it to the price of other 4K UHDs out there. Arrow and Second Sight routinely charge £30 - £40 for a single film on 4K UHD. AL's own Your Name release is currently £35 / £50 SRP.

Zambot 3 ultimate edition?

Well, that would be simply wonderful. But I suppose it's more likely to be something like 0080 War in the Pocket, which is short enough to be slotted in somewhere.

Re: the price of Conan, I think £50 is a pretty reasonable price as an early bird when you compare it to the price of other 4K UHDs out there. Arrow and Second Sight routinely charge £30 - £40 for a single film on 4K UHD. AL's own Your Name release is currently £35 / £50 SRP
Re the price, I meant it's pricey for someone like me who has a 1080p TV and won't get any use from the UHD discs.

I was hoping a digipack (but with 4 discs I do understand why not) the price especially when for me HDR is what draws me to 4K is high but I will pay because nothing I like is even slightly coming out and it’s a cult classic so I can stretch. (And the unlimited will save £5).

I don't think HDR would have added anything to Conan, but we'll never know. Millennium Actress looks fantastic.

And I don't think there's anything 'cult' about it!

I was told that work had started on Belle but that's not what it is. I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a fancy box version containing both parts of Conan or something tbh.

Now that the legal issues have been resolved, is Macross: Do You Remember Love too much to hope for?
If I recall correctly the original series and DYRL are still overseen by Harmony Gold while Big West has control over the rest of the franchise. That said, considering Harmony Gold released Robotech through Funimation I wouldn't be surprised if future Macross releases go through Crunchyroll.

If I recall correctly the original series and DYRL are still overseen by Harmony Gold while Big West has control over the rest of the franchise. That said, considering Harmony Gold released Robotech through Funimation I wouldn't be surprised if future Macross releases go through Crunchyroll.
I believe Harmony Gold only has the original series. If I'm correct, neither Harmony Gold nor Big West has overseas rights for Do You Remember Love, and if I'm also correct, Toho has the overseas rights for that (interestingly, Big West has the overseas rights for Flash Back 2012, which features footage from DYRL, songs from both the original series and DYRL, and unseen footage).

I believe Harmony Gold only has the original series. If I'm correct, neither Harmony Gold nor Big West has overseas rights for Do You Remember Love, and if I'm also correct, Toho has the overseas rights for that (interestingly, Big West has the overseas rights for Flash Back 2012, which features footage from DYRL, songs from both the original series and DYRL, and unseen footage).
Huh never heard about Toho's involvement. What a lovely mess

All this makes me wonder how a relatively small operation like Kiseki managed to release DYRL back in the 90s (I still have that VHS).

Huh never heard about Toho's involvement. What a lovely mess
Yep. I quickly looked it up further, and Toho is the distributor for DYRL, so I'm hoping either Harmony Gold or Big West (my preference) gets those rights cleared one day (it's probably a long shot at this rate).

Last edited:
I'm rly excited about Future Boy Conan am gonna get both parts, unless the mystery announcement is something I want that's it for me from AL this month (I am a little tempted by the Miyazaki documentary but skeptical that I would ever get around to watching it) :)

I'm rly excited about Future Boy Conan am gonna get both parts, unless the mystery announcement is something I want that's it for me from AL this month (I am a little tempted by the Miyazaki documentary but skeptical that I would ever get around to watching it) :)
if you want to watch the Miyazaki doc it is streaming on NHK, the Blu might be nice for preservation purposes

Back