UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Got an email from rightstuf saying their SEED Destiny set is currently half price.

Meanwhile we've heard nothing further about the UK release. 1/4 of the year practically gone. If we're supposedly getting a lot of Gundam in 2022, it's gonna be a tight 9 months.

I definately get that side, but they're all standalone movies being released by Discotek (6 so far) including a film with a condensed retelling of the story. There's even been a Lupin vs Conan crossover special released. I guess we could also wonder why we haven't got all the Lupin films either really.
Oh yeah, the movies alone might have a better shot purely because they can standalone. I was thinking the anime series mainly.

I wonder if Discotek will license rescue the first six Conan movies, which were released by Funimation. The first 300 odd eps were cel animated, so I could see them doing BDs in the future.

I'd Love a Digimon release!
I can't believe it's getting an official remaster. Still love the show even to this day.

But since Manga/Funimation who is now Crunchyroll originally released it over here, does that mean the license is there's? And All the Anime can't license it?

I'd Love a Digimon release!
I can't believe it's getting an official remaster. Still love the show even to this day.

But since Manga/Funimation who is now Crunchyroll originally released it over here, does that mean the license is there's? And All the Anime can't license it?
Licenses carry over with each company acquisition. The only way AL can touch Digimon is if Crunchyroll's license has expired.

Licenses carry over with each company acquisition. The only way AL can touch Digimon is if Crunchyroll's license has expired.
Yeah, I thought so. :confused:

With now a massive bulk of anime on offer to Crunchyroll, and All the Anime being on good terms with the company (at least before the acquisition), I wonder if All the Anime will still be able to license any titles.

IIRC the early birds for a few of their vinyl releases have launched on a thursday rather than a friday before, so I'm guessing that's what this surprise is going to be (unfortunately :p ).

IIRC the early birds for a few of their vinyl releases have launched on a thursday rather than a friday before, so I'm guessing that's what this surprise is going to be (unfortunately :p ).
I'd like to say that's just overthinking it... but that's a good point. Not sure what I'd been hoping the surprise would be but it may not be what I was hoping for regardless.

Not that I really want to try and leave fingerprints but it doesn't seem to.
It was wrapped in bubble wrap then into a thick cardboard envelope which when folded shut meant double layer of cardboard. Tightly packed.
It's in the bin so no photos.
Not that impressed with the extras but rarely am which is why most collector editions I own were deal of the week.

Hey, I just wanted to tell you that my Black Lagoon CE has arrived and I was very disappointed with the packaging. Only slightly better than zavvi's packaging. The cardboard box felt as thick as the slipcase itself. A few dents on the slipcase, but nothing I couldn't live with. What really bothers me is that the slipcase was so squashed in the box, probably heavier packages were placed on top of it, that it is now slightly bent and just stands crooked on the shelf, next to my other slipcase+digipack combinations.

I think it's my impatience that upsets me the most. If I had waited just 2 weeks longer, I could have bought the item from a 3rd party seller whose packaging has never disappointed me until now. And thanks to the elimination of customs duties, the whole thing would have been even cheaper (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

My Black Lagoon CE arrived damaged from AOL as well, one of the very few UK anime sets I've imported that hasn't made the trip safely. The slipbox has two deep dings in it, and neither one is a typical corner crush; one is along the bottom edge of the spine, the other is in the middle of the left edge of the front panel of the box. I already own the US Premium Edition ammo box set, so I was double-dipping on the UK release specifically for the box and the digipak. I'm so disappointed. I'll probably end up just re-buying the set at some point, as international returns/replacements are not very feasible.

Hey, I just wanted to tell you that my Black Lagoon CE has arrived and I was very disappointed with the packaging. Only slightly better than zavvi's packaging. The cardboard box felt as thick as the slipcase itself. A few dents on the slipcase, but nothing I couldn't live with. What really bothers me is that the slipcase was so squashed in the box, probably heavier packages were placed on top of it, that it is now slightly bent and just stands crooked on the shelf, next to my other slipcase+digipack combinations.

I think it's my impatience that upsets me the most. If I had waited just 2 weeks longer, I could have bought the item from a 3rd party seller whose packaging has never disappointed me until now. And thanks to the elimination of customs duties, the whole thing would have been even cheaper (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Disappointing to hear this.
I assume I just got lucky. I've not even got wear at the corners.

Back