UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

guessing this is gonna be the S3 CD
and vinyl
i jynxed it
543dda274ca554e7dd5ba5e88a8bf257--himouto-umaru-chan.jpg

Not been using AUKN as often, so a bit late to the party: given Black Lagoon delayed a month for those not willing to pre-pay amidst a sea of delays, does this mean other retailers for Josei's Fish are going to also get stock April, on top of the recent unnannounced delay to March? If so, not a good look.
Technically, the delay to March wasn't unannounced, as those who ordered it direct were given delay e-mails back at the end of January (myself included).

Technically, the delay to March wasn't unannounced, as those who ordered it direct were given delay e-mails back at the end of January (myself included).

Technically, I'm not a smirking, demonic villain called Aion. You aren't part of a magical girl squad... also technically, I'm assuming. Do correct me if I'm wrong about that, though. I'll apologise.

Anime Limited only announcing delays to customers that order direct - and pay 6months in advance - is a bit like only telling friends/family bad news in a Christmas card. It shouldn't require MVM or random internet users to share bad news.

This thread exists for a reason. Andrew & others have accounts here. Twitter exists. I'm not standing for a company with shoddy, if we feel like it communication getting a free pass. They used to be better at customer relations. You have to chase AL up currently just to replace discs. No information handed out. It aint on.

Technically, I'm not a smirking, demonic villain called Aion. You aren't part of a magical girl squad... also technically, I'm assuming. Do correct me if I'm wrong about that, though. I'll apologise.
Regarding my username (sorry to go off-topic on this one), I chose Magical Senshi for a few reasons. Because of my blog title (I've been neglecting my blog for a while), one of my favourite anime series being Cardcaptor Sakura (funnily enough, an Anime Limited title), and I'm huge into tokusatsu series (Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, Ultraman, etc.). I was once known as BlackCondor93, purely because of my favourite character of Jetman being Gai Yuuki/Black Condor.

Last edited:
I quite enjoyed the Miyazaki documentary, don't think I'd watch it again at 3 and a half hours.

cough also still very much available to watch online for free cough

announcements today reminded me i never got the other Miyazaki blu-ray, i avoided getting it while the whole region A lock thing was going on and kinda forgot to get it eventually

Thoughts:

• Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. Yes. A historic release. I'm honestly stunned that Anime Limited are releasing this on 4K UHD, but I'm over the moon.
  • I'm a bit comme ci, comme ça on the art for the slipbox, especially since the Japanese set was so damn gorgeous
61JFYvgKOqL._SX425_.jpg

But, let's face it, I'd buy the discs in a paper envelope.

• I'd forgotten about the book by Jonathan Clements and Andrew Osmond so it's good to hear that's coming with Part 2.
  • I'm always in the market for a documentary about Miyazaki but I'd trade these contemporary ones for a release of Eiga ni Koishite Aishite Ikite, Kurosawa Akira to Miyazaki Hayao aka the one where Miyazaki talks to Akira Kurosawa for an hour. I've suggested it to Anime Limited as an extra a couple of times but, to be honest, I'd buy it as a standalone DVD if need be. [We also need the 6-hour How Princess Mononoke Was Born but Studio Canal feels the need to pointlessly re-release its Ghibli films in increasingly elaborate packaging rather than actually adding anything of worth]

NGL, the price for Conan has put me off. Might wait till a sale. While I am all for AL tapping the 4K BD market, it is still a very small market. I do not have a 4K BD player so those will be useless to me. Personally, it would have been cool if they included the soundtrack CD, which just so happens to be on two discs.

KICA-630~1 | The Complete Music Works of "Conan, The Boy in Future" - VGMdb One CD per volume would've made me press the pre order button instantly

View attachment 23428
Any guesses what this mystery title might be?
Maybe the Violet Evergarden movie, but the wording makes me doubt it since it sounds more like a surprise announcement.

Gunbuster doesn't have a firm US date yet, so it's probably too soon to hope for that.

Maybe another left-field ultimate edition like that Blood-C one? Zambot 3 ultimate edition? Iczer-1? Thunderbirds 2086?

I just hope the cooking reference wasn't a hint, since I can't think of any food-themed shows I'd want.

Back