UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Since March is approaching that prob means that we'll be getting pre-order early bird for Future Boy Conan Part 1 fairly soon, I look forward to it :) (as IIRC AL said it would be up in the first quarter of 2022) :)

Last edited:
I ordered my Black Lagoon CE from AOL, so they'll ship their copies out in mid March, then it will get lost in Langley HWDC for 4 weeks like my previous orders, before showing up in the USA on it's way to me... So yeah, April it is! 😢

Just got my shipping notice for Black lagoon.o_O

Don't know why I got excited for a moment. It's been 6 months and I ended up watching it on my Mum and Dads netflix.
My Mum (80) would be there but not didn't really like it.
She did say she liked Eda from the Church of Violence. Make of that what you will.
And she is enjoying We are all Dead.:)

How is the surface of the slipcase? Fingerprint-attracting like the CE from NGE? How was the packaging of AL? More secure than the packaging from zavvi?
Not that I really want to try and leave fingerprints but it doesn't seem to.
It was wrapped in bubble wrap then into a thick cardboard envelope which when folded shut meant double layer of cardboard. Tightly packed.
It's in the bin so no photos.
Not that impressed with the extras but rarely am which is why most collector editions I own were deal of the week.

Not that I really want to try and leave fingerprints but it doesn't seem to.
It was wrapped in bubble wrap then into a thick cardboard envelope which when folded shut meant double layer of cardboard. Tightly packed.
It's in the bin so no photos.
Not that impressed with the extras but rarely am which is why most collector editions I own were deal of the week.

Was it ever confirmed that they are using the Funi discs? I don't remember seeing it, just assumed that they were using the same discs.

Does Anime Ltd store in France ship outside of France? For example to Poland? I am asking because I wanted to order the Berserk vinyl together with Attack on Titan deluxe, and it is already sold out on Anime Ltd UK: /

Okay, they can send only to French, Belgium, and Dom-Tom.

Last edited:
Have Anime Limited wised up to fact they'll get more willing buyers if they give priority one to their direct customers, and not other retailers?

March vs Feb when had ordered from UP1 since Nov last year rather takes piss, to put it diplomatically. Already sold my precious Kaze blurays, expecting this month. UP1 don't take monies when ordering but they do get prickly if you ask them to cancel. Think they have a guy called Little John doing the customer service. @Fabio

OH, and was going to order that Berserk Vinyl. Sold out in under a week. Yyyyyy not produce more stock? Other vinyls missed for same reason. Death Note, namely. Wasn't even emailed about that.

Last edited:
Have Anime Limited wised up to fact they'll get more willing buyers if they give priority one to their direct customers, and not other retailers?

March vs Feb when had ordered from UP1 since Nov last year rather takes piss, to put it diplomatically. Already sold my precious Kaze blurays, expecting this month. UP1 don't take monies when ordering but they do get prickly if you ask them to cancel. Think they have a guy called Little John doing the customer service.

OH, and was going to order that Berserk Vinyl. Sold out in under a week. Yyyyyy not produce more stock? Other vinyls missed for same reason. Death Note, namely. Wasn't even emailed about that.
The Berserk soundtrack sold out extremely quickly on TRSI, I'd say quite a few orders for it from AL were from US buyers.

I was going to order it myself next week, couldn't afford to buy it until then as I had to pay my road tax.

The Berserk soundtrack sold out extremely quickly on TRSI, I'd say quite a few orders for it from AL were from US buyers.

I was going to order it myself next week, couldn't afford to buy it until then as I had to pay my road tax.

Didn't know it got an also sold out US release. Tbf though, it'd skipped my mind Miura died. Nothing will inflame spending quite like the death of Berserk's creator. Humans are a morbid lot. That said, every OST looked at on AL store gone by time realise so supply/demand not right, import buyers aside.

Hopefully they put out a CD range, if not vinyl re-release, as I'd very much like to own both Death Note and Berserk in some musical form.

Didn't know it got an also sold out US release. Tbf though, it'd skipped my mind Miura died. Nothing will inflame spending quite like the death of Berserk's creator. Humans are a morbid lot. That said, every OST looked at on AL store gone by time realise so supply/demand not right, import buyers aside.

Hopefully they put out a CD range, if not vinyl re-release, as I'd very much like to own both Death Note and Berserk in some musical form.
Don't forget a lot of the vinyl releases listed on the AL store are small quantity variants from other labels, usually Sonys Milan Records or in the case of Berserk Tiger Lab. It doesn't help that these records have low production runs in general. There are listings for the Black on Black variant of Berserk up on eBay for $400+.

Last edited:
Expected it'd fetch a high eBay price if sold out so fast and US buyers that desperate. Just one of those things, I guess, as AL more a middleman distributing for most of these vinyls, reads like. Cheers for the information.

Don't see why that should prevent them from informing us of delays, which would take all of a sentence on social media. Josee delayed, going to be a while longer, etc. I really don't think that's unreasonable.

Just received notice that Josee has moved to March 14th

Not been using AUKN as often, so a bit late to the party: given Black Lagoon delayed a month for those not willing to pre-pay amidst a sea of delays, does this mean other retailers for Josei's Fish are going to also get stock April, on top of the recent unnannounced delay to March? If so, not a good look.

Back