UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

In regards to Symphogear, there are fans at Anime Limited, but when I've talked to them about it, they've expressed concern about its commercial viability. However, the last time I spoke to anyone there about it, that was before Discotek's release, but also, obviously Crunchyroll being acquired by Funimation. So who's to say how it'd balance out now? Anime Limited have surprised us with some obscure passion projects before - like Bartender recently. However, a title like that doesn't have the prospect of five seasons to BBFC.

I imported Symphogear and G from Discotek in North America, but I'd be delighted if the series was licensed here. I'd file it under the "unlikely but would be great" box in regards to expectations. We know it was a strong seller for them in North America, but there's likely other reasons for GX not being announced yet.

Followed up with UP1 yesterday to find out if they would be shipping my SAO War of the Underworld P2 CE soon as I noticed it's in stock on Amazon and UP1 came back to me this morning saying they aren't receiving any stock from AL due to a distribution mixup and most of the stock being taken by Amazon so they've had to cancel my order 🥲😭.

Gutted as I missed the Early bird for this and had gotten it for a little less on UP1 but now gonna likely have to pay full price on Amazon to ensure I get a copy before it goes out of stock again

Followed up with UP1 yesterday to find out if they would be shipping my SAO War of the Underworld P2 CE soon as I noticed it's in stock on Amazon and UP1 came back to me this morning saying they aren't receiving any stock from AL due to a distribution mixup and most of the stock being taken by Amazon so they've had to cancel my order 🥲😭.

Gutted as I missed the Early bird for this and had gotten it for a little less on UP1 but now gonna likely have to pay full price on Amazon to ensure I get a copy before it goes out of stock again
Ah that sucks man. If you have Anime Unlimited you can still get 10% if you go direct

There is also a bunch on ebay for better prices than Amazon:

Ebay £75 for Both parts
or if you wish to bid:
Ebay bidding for both parts

Oh it was just part 2 you need, my bad, so still in stock at Anime Limited so there is your best bet probably

Last edited:
Is Josee shipping this week?
I just got shipping notice today from Rightstuf for the US release of Josee; the UK set's release date is still saying the 31st, so it should be soon. I haven't heard about any delay for that title - yet. I do have the UK CE on pre-order through AOL, and am looking forward to that set much more than the standard slipcover release the US is getting.

Shame you had to find out from MVM instead of AL directly.
At this point I reckon every 1 in 2 AL titles get delayed consistently 🤣 so not surprised with new delays

Maybe all the comms used to come from Jeremy. I remember them saying further sub screens of end of eva were going to be added - and then under every single evangelion post since they ignored everyone asking if / when they were going to be added. Obviously, none were ever added, which makes the silence from them the more annoying.

Maybe all the comms used to come from Jeremy. I remember them saying further sub screens of end of eva were going to be added - and then under every single evangelion post since they ignored everyone asking if / when they were going to be added. Obviously, none were ever added, which makes the silence from them the more annoying.

When Jeremy left Manga, their level of public engagement declined as well. I'm still waiting for an AL announcement on what is going to happen with Evangelion Disc 5.

Don't see why that should prevent them from informing us of delays, which would take all of a sentence on social media. Josee delayed, going to be a while longer, etc. I really don't think that's unreasonable.

Well, my point moreso is that if a date is forthcoming in the next 24 hours or so, why have two messages when you can easily send out a single email with all the information someone needs. It's not like we've technically missed the release date yet or anything but I suppose I'm just not bothered since I always treat the AL releases as 'they'll arrive around x' as opposed to counting down the days to release.

Yeah their response to my questions about Seraph of the End was also pretty poor. First they give me an answer that simply doesn't make sense, then they ignore all my follow-up questions.

I finally got an answer when I got someone to ask their representative on Discord. I shouldn't have to use Discord to get an official response. Certainly didn't help my already declining view of the company

Back