UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

For me, the fees were fine, but I had to pay an additional 15GBP (converted) for their service (I paid 28GBP VAT + 15GBP their service ...). This cost is absurd for me, which is why I am afraid of larger orders from AL. Smaller ones are shipped differently (using Royal Mail), and I don't have such high fees. Too bad that AL not uses DHL, where the additional cost are not so high (or OSS VAT, of course).

In my country, FedEX (and other customs officials) use special tables that I can view, and I know what the price will be for the items to be paid. Then they add their service etc. Basically, I know how much I will pay if I know when they calculate it. The only problem I have is when they do it at the end of the month.

il be keeping my Eye out for the future boy conan 4k LE But with ALs shipping Fees i wonder if i should hold out ...

is it going to be listed with other retailers ?

Seems Anime Limited are going to be distributing manga and light novels.

All the titles listed are published by Denpa or J-Novel Club.
With the number of licenses likely shrinking because of the Crunchyroll/Funimation buyout, this seems like the logical next step.

I can also see them having a bigger focus on soundtracks/vinyl releases too. That's something of a untapped market over here.

Has anyone else in the EU checked their VAT invoices from Fedex (or other carrier) for their xmas sale orders from AL?

I did just now, preparing to pay but noticed it was higher than I expected, turns out in my order at least that both the Re:ZERO complete collection and Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory CE were declared at the full rather than the sale price, even though the other items in the order were declared properly at the sale prices, so VAT bill is almost €10 more than it should be.

Not sure how to sort this out, as Fedex are not easy to deal with, and it's really a mistake on AL's part rather than theirs anyway...

Just a heads up that you should probably check your invoices first before blindly paying.

Drop an email to AL. If they declared the items at a higher value than you paid they should arguably pay the difference.

Had a similar? issue a while back with Right Stuf where the Customs agent calculated the VAT based on the value in GBP rather than USD i.e £100 instead of $100. Right Stuf refunded me the difference despite it being the fault of the FedEx agent so I figure AL should be willing to accept liability since it was their error.

With the number of licenses likely shrinking because of the Crunchyroll/Funimation buyout, this seems like the logical next step.

I can also see them having a bigger focus on soundtracks/vinyl releases too. That's something of a untapped market over here.
This is pretty much what they've already been doing with vinyl anyways. Aside from their usual releases they also have listing from other vinyl distributors like Tiger Labs and Milan Records. Still an interesting move

My point was that I'm not sure it's a reason for diversifying print media. But I'm skeptical that they sell poorly at all now - Discotek seem to be doing well and AL themselves have announced/released Future Boy Conan and Belladonna of Sadness on 4K UHD. 4K UHD! Discotek releasing a few themselves as well of course. It suggests to me that the classic anime market is in better health than ever and I'm excited for whatever is coming next.

Anyone know if War of the Underworld Part 2 CE is out of stock or delayed I ordered it a while back on UP1 but it has not dispatched and release date on there is showing as T.B.A, I know some people received their copies from AL back in Decemeber just wondering if only a very small batch was released?

Anyone know if War of the Underworld Part 2 CE is out of stock or delayed I ordered it a while back on UP1 but it has not dispatched and release date on there is showing as T.B.A, I know some people received their copies from AL back in Decemeber just wondering if only a very small batch was released?
Part 2 is arriving later for retailers outside AllTheAnime, which I believe is due for the end of the month.

I received mine today from MVM and it was shipped out last week.

Finally got El-Hazard after it being dispatched on the 10th. According to AL…RM currently have form that they won’t scan an item into their system if they know they can’t deliver it within 24/48 hours (depending on what service you choose), that way they aren’t breaking the guarantee that they’ll deliver it within that time frame.

Finally got El-Hazard after it being dispatched on the 10th. According to AL…RM currently have form that they won’t scan an item into their system if they know they can’t deliver it within 24/48 hours (depending on what service you choose), that way they aren’t breaking the guarantee that they’ll deliver it within that time frame.
Wow that's... a pretty shoddy way to try and get around a guarantee. I hope someone challeneges them on that one day.

Back