UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Hi everyone, a complete noob here, ordered the entire Gundam blu ray sets on the 3rd December and I've yet to see it dispatched. How long do they normally take to process? Thank you.

Due to the holiday periods it's possible it could be a while unfortunately. Still it could be worse (stares at Sony DADC)
It can take them a while to get through all the day 1 orders, but once they do the other days orders do speed up quite a bit.

Just checked some of my order from last year my Day 2 order shipped on the (EDIT: also had one ship out 11 th Dec) 16/12/2020. They may have changed a few process since then, I think they were in the middle of just starting out using there new shipping wharehouse. So I would think it could be a week, maybe even 2 before day 1 orders have all shipped.

It can take them a while to get through all the day 1 orders, but once they do the other days orders do speed up quite a bit.

Just check some of my order from last year my Day 2 order shipped on the 16/12/2020. They may have changed a few process since then, I think they were in the middle of just starting out using there new shipping wharehouse. So I would think it could be a week, maybe even 2 before day 1 orders have all shipped.
Thanks guys. Super slow but I'll get it eventually. I appreciate it 😊

It can also vary what you order, like last year some orders did get put on hold a bit as they were waiting for stock to be re-printed, and if an order had a peice of stock needing re-printed then genrally the order was held up.
But this year so far I don't think that the case it either avalible or sold out.
And they may have streamlined the shipping a bit more since last year as well.

Hi everyone, a complete noob here, ordered the entire Gundam blu ray sets on the 3rd December and I've yet to see it dispatched. How long do they normally take to process? Thank you.
My order took two months to arrive last year, but that was a combination of them waiting for reprints and apparently not being able to ship partial orders (I don't know if that's still the case).

Orders that include mystery boxes seem to go to the front of the queue. Which day you order on during the Christmas sale doesn't seem to have much impact on when you'll receive it.

Extremely dissapointed in AL and the fact they didn't even mention the massive concerns many people have over the quality and durability of the Eva Ultimate edition sets in their email sent out this morning.

Really, how hard would it have been to at least ACKNOWLEDGE there's an issue and promise a fix further down the line?

I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt as they've always been a really good company in my opinion but it really feels like they're sticking their head in the sand regarding this matter.

Got a lovely 36€ bill from fedex for my 1st order :(
Wow, I don't know where you are so what your VAT rates are, or if the fedex fees are different in your country, but here that would be for an order of only around €40, was it a lot of cheaper things together in the one order?

Or are they just using fedex for every order to mainland europe or something?

Extremely dissapointed in AL and the fact they didn't even mention the massive concerns many people have over the quality and durability of the Eva Ultimate edition sets in their email sent out this morning.

Really, how hard would it have been to at least ACKNOWLEDGE there's an issue and promise a fix further down the line?

I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt as they've always been a really good company in my opinion but it really feels like they're sticking their head in the sand regarding this matter.

Two things are in their defense:

They haven't gotten their stock yet, this is all relating to German copies. Probably will end up the same UK-side, but we don't really know how widespread problems will be. They're on a wait and see approach, which is sensible.

I think they've never ignored problems relating to their releases, from discs (there are quite a few examples), to boxes (escaflowne UE), to digipaks (Lagann UE), so you're right to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Wow, I don't know where you are so what your VAT rates are, or if the fedex fees are different in your country, but here that would be for an order of only around €40, was it a lot of cheaper things together in the one order?

Trunks is Irish like ourselves.

I received a dispatch e-mail last Friday regarding the On-Gaku CE, but the tracking number provided to me doesn't work on the Royal Mail website, stating "Sorry, we're currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference (insert tracking number here). Please try again tomorrow.". I'm guessing it could be due to a combination of COVID and the Christmas rush. I'll keep on checking.
Can confirm I'm having the same issue for ON-GAKU. Tracking number doesn't work.

Meanwhile the Red Mystery Box dispatched today and has a working tracking number.

Two things are in their defense:

They haven't gotten their stock yet, this is all relating to German copies. Probably will end up the same UK-side, but we don't really know how widespread problems will be. They're on a wait and see approach, which is sensible.

I think they've never ignored problems relating to their releases, from discs (there are quite a few examples), to boxes (escaflowne UE), to digipaks (Lagann UE), so you're right to give them the benefit of the doubt.
Surely though the UK packaging design will be exactly the same as the german one? Can't see them having higher quality disc holders. I'm a bit concerned that even if my UE is received in good condition that once the discs are removed a few times it'll be damaged which considering its supposed to be a premium item worries me considerably.

You're right though they generally don't ignore such issues. I remember the Gurren Lagann UE and Escaflowne UE issues too. Well since it's not too long until stock arrives let's hope they address it shortly.

Last edited:

The order was like 96€ Fedex fee was €9.50 rest Was vat

The order was like 96€ Fedex fee was €9.50 rest Was vat
Oh, fedex dropped their fee to €9.50? Used to be €18.45.

That changes things for me, might make a large enough order when all the early birds are up, may even order the 2 mystery bundles if they're still available.

Back