UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Hey, Anime Limited - keep your eyes on my swinging pocket watch... you are getting sleepy... very sleepy... Blood+... Blood+... Blood+...

🥱 😪 😴 🤤
It would be awsome. I know Andrew would love to get it as I asked him years ago about it but Sony have the UK rights and refuse to do anything with it or sell them. Dont know when they'll expire or become available again but Funi may be the slimmest hope we have of getting it.

On a related note I'm pretty excited for the Blood C UE. I actually thought the show got better as went along and got crazy.

I was just checking my Universal release of Seraph of the end (I haven't gotten round to watching all the way through yet (pretty sure only got round to the first few episodes)).
Universal release names it as Season 1 part 1 and Season 1 part 2, will this be the same episode count as what all the Anime intend to release (so what there naming it as season 1 & 2 / Seraph of the End -Vampire Reign- & -Battle in Nagoya-)?

I'm assuming it is and it's just unviersal let there licence expire and All the Anime picked it up and are releasing it in a complete boxset. And pretty sure at least one of the universal part is OOP.
Yep, it will be the same episode count.

The various companies who've licensed Seraph can't seem to agree if Vampire Reign and Battle in Nagoya are separate seasons or halves of a single season.

Universal called the whole thing "Seraph of the End" on the box - the only mention of Vampire Reign/Battle in Nagoya is on the discs (P1 and P2 respectively).

Funi's releases are all called "Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign" on the box (no idea what the discs say), but they cover the whole series. Their complete series BD release is called "Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign - season 1", which is kinda confusing.

The whole thing is on Netflix, split down to season 1 and 2.

In short: Vampire Reign + Battle in Nagoya = the entire series, so AL's release will have all the episodes.

The Universal and Funi releases also include Seraph of the Endless (13 two-minute OVAs) - I'd assume these will probably be on the AL release, but I don't think it's been confirmed yet

(If anyone is still missing a part of the Universal releases, Anime Bluray have both parts available on BD and DVD)

Yep, it will be the same episode count.

The various companies who've licensed Seraph can't seem to agree if Vampire Reign and Battle in Nagoya are separate seasons or halves of a single season.

Universal called the whole thing "Seraph of the End" on the box - the only mention of Vampire Reign/Battle in Nagoya is on the discs (P1 and P2 respectively).

Funi's releases are all called "Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign" on the box (no idea what the discs say), but they cover the whole series. Their complete series BD release is called "Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign - season 1", which is kinda confusing.

The whole thing is on Netflix, split down to season 1 and 2.

In short: Vampire Reign + Battle in Nagoya = the entire series, so AL's release will have all the episodes.

The Universal and Funi releases also include Seraph of the Endless (13 two-minute OVAs) - I'd assume these will probably be on the AL release, but I don't think it's been confirmed yet

(If anyone is still missing a part of the Universal releases, Anime Bluray have both theon BD and DVD)
Cheers, I had a feeling that this would be the case, and I think I'll stick with the Universal set (don't think a double dip would be worth it)
But having not got round to watching it all yet I wasn't entierly sure with all the differnt naming conventions.

The Universal release is also still in stock at Cex, Pt1 £8+2 & Pt2 £15+2, if you want a slightly cheaper version compared to anime Blu-ray.

havent gotten to watching the 2nd half of Seraph of the End yet.

I'm curious to know which master/encode the Universal sets is based from and which one Anime Limited will use?

The complete El Hazard ova set has me interested but I already have the very nice japanese box set that was released a few years ago so..........!!

Kakegurui's announcement timing is muchly appreciated given the import of S1 twas nigh. That I'll surely be getting. Never Netflix'd S2, after all, and I'm all for black(tights)Xred(uniforms)Xlusty(high school girls).. on a box. Boogiepop el orginale I'd be interested in rewatching not on naff R1 DVDs. And Kaiba's a Yuasa series have meant to watch for many a year. One has to ponder why that over Devilman Crybaby, though. The coin required to get Netflix to sell must be too costly~

As Mendo(u?) states, the logic behind An(drew)ime Limited's decisions continues to baffle. Granted, my knowledge of economics is almost entirely derived from Howo the Wisewolf, 'tis true. Yet, after seeing Evangelion's UE was a roaring success, far surpassing any other UE that took years just to sell 500 copies, instead of releasing Gundam 0079 UE or something collectors would want en masse, drum roll.... they announce Blood-CLAMP, an anime so poorly regarded by wee... erm, anime fans that I sold my (Manga UK?) copy to CeX, years ago. Must surely still be cheap to get used copies on blu-ray. It was so bad all I recall is that it was so bad I quit. At the start.
If ANY Blood anime, why not Blood+, aka the actually good one with Mark Mancina music and unforgettable OP3 (juicey lips at end)?... only ever released in Yankland, and OOP/stupidly rare and expensive to buy. YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

AL should hire me as 'Ultimate Edition Advisor'. I'd only ask for a nominal fee. Naturally, my first suggestion would be Gankutsuou, which would sell as badly as Blood C (if not worse). Difference is, that's actually quite good, as Andrew knows best himself.

Maybe as a learned fellow suggested, AL are sucking up cheapo Funimation/Sony licenses. Wasn't Seraph released by Sony along with Arslan, and they struggled to sell their stock for years?
I have to imagine 0079 is one of the titles Sunrise are very protective of. They certainly have a history of undercutting its releases outside Japan, even if more recently they personally released a boxset that includes the missing episode.

This is the frustrating thing. Here in the UK we're kinda stuck between Sunrise being protective of the license but simultaneously going "Oh, but America did this...". I genuinely wonder how well it actually sells here given increasingly the choices made feel like limited versions designed to recoup costs. Case in point, see 00 being announced as a complete boxset then rowed back to 2 season sets and later the movie and compilations.

Apparently my copy of Planetes shipped today, so that's something to look forward to. Between it and the likes of Bartender, Boogiepop, etc. being picked up, I can only hope that it's just a waiting game until we see other cult 00's favourites like Honey & Clover, Nodame Cantabile & Nana see the light of day on blu ray over here. I could definitely see interest in H&C, given AL's (admittedly messy) history with March Comes in like A Lion, although given that Sentai has the US rights to Nana, it'll likely go the MVM if it does ever show up here. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Apparently my copy of Planetes shipped today, so that's something to look forward to. Between it and the likes of Bartender, Boogiepop, etc. being picked up, I can only hope that it's just a waiting game until we see other cult 00's favourites like Honey & Clover, Nodame Cantabile & Nana see the light of day on blu ray over here. I could definitely see interest in H&C, given AL's (admittedly messy) history with March Comes in like A Lion, although given that Sentai has the US rights to Nana, it'll likely go the MVM if it does ever show up here. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
mine did too, can't wait to rewatch it since the last time i think i watched it was on animecentral on sky

Yeah, thanks for the fix :)

Anyway, great releases will be coming. Nobody answered for my question about more copies of Hunter x Hunter to be honest. Any chances?

I can answer it now - basically hinges on Tiger Labs reprinting the vinyl run, we're currently sold out of our allocation when it comes in so we can't add more til we know we can buy more alas. If we can we'll let folks know via the usual channels :).

Admittedly, this has nothing to do with Anime Limited itself, but given that the latest series of announcements has concerned vinyl ost's, I figured it'd be worth mentioning to collectors out there that WRWTFWW are currently selling a limited number of the Patlabor 2 ost on their website. I don't personally collect vinyl, but I bought a copy for the express purpose of framing it.

https://wrwtfww.com/album/patlabor-2-the-movie-original-soundtrack

Just in case anyone might be interested.

I'd double dip if the films get a UK release with the original Japanese audio track. The Maiden Japan release only has the inferior Sound Renewal redub. I regret skipping the Korean sets.

Back