UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I'm hoping the announcements include Gundam (shocking, I know). We were promised a lot of Gundam this year and apparently that was just the standard edition rereleases.

Probably the wrong section. But is anyone else at the evangelion death rebirth cinema showing and it displayed on the screen ‘this is presented in the classic dub’ but then proceeded to play the new Netflix dub?

Rather annoying as I probably wouldn’t have bothered if it didn’t advertise the classic dub.

Waiting to see if the end of evangelion is the same.

So the end of evangelion was the same.

033.jpg

I myself would be interested in getting Rahxephon on Blu-ray if the transfer is good (considering that Sentai have released it recently but that steelbook is really expensive to import), I'd also likely be convinced to uhhh... how many times have I bought Princess Tutu now? 😅 So yeah if AL did a nice edition for it and the transfer is better than on the older Sentai BD I have (though that is a big if, I'd need to research that). I hope someone licenses Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun :) A few slightly obscure older series that I would also like to own on BD are A Little Snow Fairy Sugar, Petite Princess Yucie, Birdy the Mighty Decode (that one isn't as obscure tbf and the UK DVDs actually look really good! Shout out to whoever was responsible for that, you did a great job :) ), Fantastic Children, and The Third: The Girl With the Blue Eye :) If I had to choose one of those I'd go with Snow Fairy Sugar as the DVD transfer is quite lacking IMO (at least the Sentai one is) :) LOL I need to watch more recent anime 🤣 🤣 🤣

I was going to go but I'm in a low with my depression that I don't think EOE will help with.

I'm sorry to hear that, I really hope things look up for you (I know how it is with that stuff, I'm long term unemployed, partly due to depression) :confused:❤️

I myself would be interested in getting Rahxephon on Blu-ray if the transfer is good (considering that Sentai have released it recently but that steelbook is really expensive to import), I'd also likely be convinced to uhhh... how many times have I bought Princess Tutu now? 😅 So yeah if AL did a nice edition for it and the transfer is better than on the older Sentai BD I have (though that is a big if, I'd need to research that). I hope someone licenses Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun :) A few slightly obscure older series that I would also like to own on BD are A Little Snow Fairy Sugar, Petite Princess Yucie, Birdy the Mighty Decode (that one isn't as obscure tbf and the UK DVDs actually look really good! Shout out to whoever was responsible for that, you did a great job :) ), Fantastic Children, and The Third: The Girl With the Blue Eye :) If I had to choose one of those I'd go with Snow Fairy Sugar as the DVD transfer is quite lacking IMO (at least the Sentai one is) :) LOL I need to watch more recent anime 🤣 🤣 🤣

I'm sorry to hear that, I really hope things look up for you (I know how it is with that stuff, I'm long term unemployed, partly due to depression) :confused:❤️
Definitely agree about Princess Tutu (which I've come close to upgrading to a couple of times lately) and Snow Fairy Sugar BD, as both are eminently rewatchable. I'd also love to see Super Gals!, Ah, My Goddess and Steel Angel Kurumi come to BluRay sometime soon, but I expect I'm just dreaming on them.

Would love to see s-CRY-ed collection or even Votoms collection announced.

Or even the Patlabor movies. I already have the Beez DVD Collectors edition and on Blu-ray via the Patlabor Ultimate Collection set

Definitely agree about Princess Tutu (which I've come close to upgrading to a couple of times lately) and Snow Fairy Sugar BD, as both are eminently rewatchable. I'd also love to see Super Gals!, Ah, My Goddess and Steel Angel Kurumi come to BluRay sometime soon, but I expect I'm just dreaming on them.

I've not seen Super Gals! but am def interested in seeing it, have seen all of Ah My Goddess OVAs and TV and would love to own it on Blu-ray (I tried Steel Angel Kurumi and it wasn't really for me) :)

Would love to see s-CRY-ed collection or even Votoms collection announced.

Or even the Patlabor movies. I already have the Beez DVD Collectors edition and on Blu-ray via the Patlabor Ultimate Collection set

I might be interested in any of those three but isn't Votoms' US BD mostly an SD-BD apart from the newer OVAs and whatnot? I don't think they've done any SD-BD releases in the UK apart from that Gundam Seed one where the original version of the TV series included in the UE is on SD-BD?

So if I have my numbers right, the only Gundam we got this year were the delayed SEED set, F91 and pre orders for the import versions of Hathaway and Reco 3.

Doesn't really feel as much as was promised.

Back