UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

On 2nd of November they said my order would be despatched within the next 48-72 hours and now they are saying that there's an issue in the warehouse. Interesting. I wonder what happened.

I selected Klarna as my payment option, which means I get the order first and pay after delivery. No delivery has happened nor do they know when it will be shipped but they have sent me the invoice already. Very interesting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211109-210035~3.png
    Screenshot_20211109-210035~3.png
    88.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20211109-210044~2.png
    Screenshot_20211109-210044~2.png
    102.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
On 2nd of November they said my order would be despatched within the next 48-72 hours and now they are saying that there's an issue in the warehouse. Interesting. I wonder what happened.

I selected Klarna as my payment option, which means I get the order first and pay after delivery. No delivery has happened nor do they know when it will be shipped but they have sent me the invoice already. Very interesting.
They have no idea what's actually happening it seems.

You mention your invoice. Even if you wait until the cut off date to pay by, it's much sooner than you were expecting, which isn't fair at all.

It would be great if we can get AL to enquire about what's going on.

Last edited:
Ain't it about time someone from AL actually comments on this? It's clearly a big issue and I'm sure they aren't completely out of the loop.
A big issue? Expecting not to be charged for an order 1+ week before it's ready to dispatch, with order statuses not updating and the CS agents of the store in question apparently having zero idea of what's going on? Have some perspective, sah!

I feel for the CS people though. Please be polite when dealing them. It's not their fault the company they work for is useless.

I wouldn't expect much from AL on this either.

I got the same generic response to my email Is Zavvi normally like this for preorders?
I've frequently seen complaints about Zavvi, particularly for poor customer service and damaged sets. As such I tend to avoid ordering from them.

Here it sounds like they got some early stock in, charged everyone, then realised they didn't have enough to fulfil all orders. So they're probably waiting for more stock. Official release date isn't until the 6th Dec.

'Tis difficult not to read between the lines of message Suzie got - issue in warehouse - and see it as code for '...err, why have we took money for something we should have stock for, but don't? WHY/oh well'. With multiple CS staff looking at the same email someone else did, all being none the wiser, and thus the circus continues.

That aside, this reminds me of when Zavvi sold Gundam Wing DVD CE. I'd listed misprice on here, wanted to share my good fortune as a Godly person should. Andrew, the savvy business man that he is, posted saying he'd reported the misprice to Zavvi. He was more chatty, back in the day. Zavvi ain't as loving as I was, when packed to sell anew.

Anyway, Andrew is a very busy man, and understandably has money to make, so you cannot reasonably expect replies regarding Eva. Not now the money is paid and stock seemingly gone. Doubt he'll be able magic up another 1000 CEs, like UEs, but if enough people asked - with respect - he might do so. Let us pray Zavvi have not foolishly overestimated amidst the £80 ordering spree. 'Tis also possible they got some stock early to pre-empt Xmas and, being a stupid company, sent them in random order asap. Ya'll might be waiting until Dec having paid, like the giant square fans. I doubt many/Ataru will be onboard waiting in hope when rather not pay early. But, hey: chances are more stock Dec.

origin.jpg

Last edited:
Hello there!

So I've just seen All the Anime has an early bird for Planetes for £19.99 (17.99 for me with the subscription).

I also saw they have a Collector's Edition.

What are the odds that being on sale during the christmas sale / part of the mystery boxes?

Trying to work out which is the way to go.

Any help (or hints from any All the Anime personal if it is part of the christmas sale at all) is much appreciated. :)

Hello there!

So I've just seen All the Anime has an early bird for Planetes for £19.99 (17.99 for me with the subscription).

What are the odds that being on sale during the christmas sale / part of the mystery boxes?

Any help (or hints from any All the Anime personal if it is part of the christmas sale at all) is much appreciated. :)
It most likely will not be in the Christmas sale as it was released after April, though it may be eligible for the mystery box.

Hello there!

The CE was released in late April so it could qualify but chances are it'll be available for a slight discount instead.

I'll be sorting out the annual AL & MVM Xmas thread later in the month in prep for the sales.

hoping for both seasons of Konosuba in the christmas deals, only worry is the regular season 2 was released mid april this year so it might just about get bopped from the chances

is there going to be a 12 Days of Xmas sale hype video like there was last year? looking it up that was published on 3rd Nov 2020
I believe they will be revealing the early bird titles before the sale begins later this month, but in terms of how it'll be presented we don't know (could be a blogpost, or a video etc).

I mean if Andrew Partridge wants to do a treasure hunt on the AllTheAnime blog instead I wouldn't mind.

Looks like my NGE CE arrived today. The mailman didn't ring the bell so I have to go to the packing station tomorrow. 23€ import duties. But pretty fast shipping to Germany, I thought I'd have to wait another week.

Last edited:
Back