UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

@anime_andrew Since we have the 12 Days of Christmas sale in December, is November going to have many early birds or will it be like the previous year where there's very few to allow folks to save money for the Christmas Early Birds?

It'll be a similar pattern to last year - we'll have some but not as many as usual to give people a chance to save.

Not been on here in a good long while. Has anyone tried out the Anime Un-Limited Subscription? Is it worth it so far? Whats it like?

Not been on here in a good long while. Has anyone tried out the Anime Un-Limited Subscription? Is it worth it so far? Whats it like?
If you're someone who likes to acquire a bunch of Anime Limited releases, especially before they are released, then I highly recommend it. £17.99 a year sounds like a lot but I've already saved about £53 using the 10% discount.

To provide some examples on the pricing:
Early Bird​
Anime (Un)Limited​
Save​
Examples
£19.99​
£18​
£1.99​
Love Live! Sunshine!! the School Idol Movie: Over the Rainbow CE
ON-GAKU: Our Sound CE
£24.99​
£22.50​
£2.49​
Lupin III: The First CE
£29.99​
£27​
£2.99​
Josee, the Tiger & the Fish CE
Violet Evergarden: Eternity and the Auto Memory Doll CE
£34.99​
£31.50​
£3.49​
The Future Diary CE
Sword Art Online Alicization -War of Underworld- Part 1 CE
Sword Art Online Alicization -War of Underworld- Part 2 CE
£39.99​
£36​
£3.99​
Penguindrum CE
£44.99​
£40.50​
£4.49​
Black Lagoon LE
£199.99​
£180​
£19.99​
Neon Genesis Evangelion UE
The discount can be applied to every item on the Anime Limited store (and it will work during seasonal sales including the upcoming 12 Days of Christmas), except for Buy 1 Get 1 Free offers and others that have to use their own discount code basically (you can't use two codes at once).

The membership has other benefits which got delayed by COVID, like magazines sent to you which we did get recently with Scotland Loves Anime 2021 and there's others like discounts at the Anime Limited booth for conventions.

Has anyone tried out the Anime Un-Limited Subscription? Is it worth it so far? Whats it like?
I'd say it depends on how many titles you want from their back catalogue. When the 10% discount was included with the Screen Anime streaming subscription it was a decent deal, but I already bought most of the titles I wanted from AL's back catalogue during that year. Now that the 10% discount is pretty much all you get from the subscription (unless you go to conventions), and I'd only be using it for forthcoming titles, I don't think it's worth it. AL only announce new titles a few months in advance, so it's impossible to guess if I'd even break even on the subscription over any given year. At £18 for a 10% discount, you have to buy titles worth £180 a year before you start to save anything. If you hoover up everything AL release, then fine, but if not then I wouldn't bother.

I don't think it's worth it. AL only announce new titles a few months in advance, so it's impossible to guess if I'd even break even on the subscription over any given year. At £18 for a 10% discount, you have to buy titles worth £180 a year before you start to save anything. If you hoover up everything AL release, then fine, but if not then I wouldn't bother.

I'm someone who only really buys new releases these days and I am someone who hovers up AL releases. But to give some numbers I went through my order history for 2021 (so not last 12 months just this year) and my total saving is already £115.19 which puts that 18 quid fee massively in the dust. You dont really have to buy that much stuff to start saving money on AnimeUnlimited and this year the NGE UE more than covered the cost on it's own.

Lets take a common price of £34.99 for a set. That's £3.49 saving meaning that you're saving money after only 6 purchases in a whole year!

I mean comparing it to the Eva UE is a bit silly now you can’t buy it even if you wanted to.
I doubt any other releases planned for this year will come near Eva’s cost. (Yes CCS if not 4K scans won’t come near).
But yes I would say it’s worth it if you buy ALs new titles just for the savings… not gonna say the SLA book wasn’t disappointing though as I expected a sep AL specific book.

You can of course just wait till there is something you want to buy and then grab the AnimeUnlimted Sub for the 10% (I think it pretty quick in most cases almost instant/automated). And then buy your item with the discount.
Could even just wait till the 12 days of christmas and see wheather there is anything that intrest you.
But yeah in my case already made my money back and in my case was worth the money, but gonna depend how much you buy anime.

I'm in the US so I have to pay international shipping prices, and since AtA charges £25 shipping to the US, I end up buying almost all of my AL titles from Anime-On-Line, at £5 shipping per item. BUT, I still purchased the Anime(Un)Limited subscription, just to help support my favorite UK anime distributor (Digipaks!) - and it may eventually come in handy for some AtA excusive item I can't order elsewhere. So I don't plan to save anything at all from my subscription, but still consider it money well spent, just as a donation!

I saved more than the cost of Anime Unlimted from buying the Eva UE alone.
This was pretty much my justification, with the expectation / hope that it’ll end up worth it if I find a few things I’m lacking in the xmas (or spring etc) events.
But aside from that; it’s somewhat disappointing (so far), as there hasn’t been so much as a hint of the advertised ‘exclusive products and offers for members’, and the only magazine seems to have been a copy of the SLA one being posted to you (I’m guessing. Perhaps there is a specific one planned?)

Either way; I’m not planning to renew with the way it currently is, as I normally end up getting their releases cheaper elsewhere anyway. And particularly; the only point actually being delivered on is the 10% makes it seem like just another subscription con.

Personally for me I think it's worth it to renew for at least one more year, as I'll probably make back at least most of the cost with Cardcaptor Sakura and the Future Boy Conan release coming next year - I do buy from AL directly quite a bit and this means getting extra money off deals of the week, early birds, xmas sales (apart from buy one get one free) and also their OST CD releases. Plus I did enjoy the magazine they sent out :) I do look elsewhere for some of their products (like CEX for instance, for standard editions and CEs I didn't buy on Early Bird) but I am happy to continue showing my support with this subscription and I can't wait to see what they've got planned for this years Xmas sale! :)

Back