UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

woah the hell?
ok this may call my UE pre order into question, there's not enough difference for £120

ok question 1) just to be certain, the HMV Edition is just the Standard Edition, yeah?
2) how reliable is Zavvi, and when do they charge for pre orders?
3) I assume I can cancel my UE with no issue?
help please? 😅

help please? 😅
HMV Exclusive is the standard edition Blu-ray that comes with a slipcover. Same SRP.

Zavvi are pretty good but it does depend on demand so if you order sooner, you're more likely to get the stock than others from what I have seen. When I pre-ordered WWY from them initially via PayPal, they didn't charge on order.

You can cancel the Ultimate Edition at any time, but do note that the second batch doesn't ship out until January 2022.

When several people message Zavvi requesting the cancellation of orders, citing the new lower price on the site, that’s when they should notice the misprice and let customers know.
A few people emailed Zavvi asking if the price of that crazy expensive GitS figure was correct and they replied it was correct and orders have gone through fine. Only to then cancel all the orders and put the correct price of £1000+ a few weeks later

So Zavvi Customer Service seems to be about as deep as "Yep, I can confirm thats the price its currently listed at on the site"

It wouldn't surprise me if CS has no real way to tell if something is listed wrong. Everything regarding pricing being delt with via the Purchasing and Listing departments and CS are just there to deal with the aftermarth lol

So I recieved my copy of Psych-Pass: Sinners of the System yesterday. I have to say the box is a hell of a lot chunkier than I was imagining...

PPSotS1.jpgPPSotS2.jpg

Not complaining as such, but it is odd to have three one-hour stories take up more room than the first two series combined, very nearly both series and the Movie!

(also looking at the pictures I need to give my desk a good deep clean, but that's neither here nor there...)

I was surprised by how big the Psycho Pass set was too, seeing as it includes a 100 page booklet and a 196 page storyboard booklet I really shouldn't have been, guess I just didn't think about it lol.

Was one of those that got to see Belle at the BFI on Thursday. Really enjoyed it, even if the third act kinda loses its way by half heartedly diving into a serious topic.

2 minor issues.

1. AL said there would be a post movie Q and A. This lasted only 15 minutes and only really covered 2 or 3 questions. Feel it was kinda misadvertised.

2. This is on the venue (and me for choosing to attend) but I'm surprised how they packed us in despite COVID still being an issue. Most people wearing masks but I expected socially distanced seating which didn't happen.

I think the Collector's Edition might be a pre-order on demand approach like Weathering With You's variant edition, so every order should be fine in this case now that I think about it.
Would @anime_andrew be able to comment on this? Is there any risk of Zavvi accepting more pre-orders for the Evangelion CE than they will be able to fulfil?

Well I'm sure both Josee and Black Lagoon will get pushed back three times each at least, to around June or July of next year, anyway... AL has to keep with their usual delayed-release schedule for all Collector's Editions, right?!

I'm a sucker for romance anime, which I'm assuming Josee is, although it is is total blind buy for me. But Black Lagoon is a Top Ten Anime Of All Time for me, so I'm definitely in for a nice digipak set, as the US Limited Edition set I have is in that plain olive-drab ammo tin box, which is really cool but has no artwork, so this UK digipak set should compliment it very well.

'Girls with Guns' finally makes sense to me, in my head. 'Tis a joyous moment. I had an entirely different type of 'guns' in my head.
That aside, there's a video for everything on the internet, and when BL is - inevitably - delayed, and/or does not have Revy's bum in hotpants taking up 80% of the space on a nice, semi-big, black... art box, then Andrew will be roleplaying as the "give" guy, in Scottish, like. Everyone else, Engrish Revy.

This one happens to already possess MVM's full-size DVD art boxes. Not that keen on them, but I digress: the blue one has realistic style Revy's bumbum. In hotpants. Also have the Mangle-Kaze Blurays. Never rewatched since, the older and more miserable one becomes, the less inclined one is to do so. That, and the blu-ray quality was rather lacking. Did someone, somewhere not report that these discs will be using a different master?...
...anyway, point is, own Black Lagoon already. Twice over. A nice complete art box and I'll own it thrice, which will surely be a happy day. However, all hope rests on Andrew's shoulders. If no-one else does now people are increasingly irked in this thread by delays, I'll always believe, Andrew. Always.

Oh, and I want Josei's Fish. It's pretty much the only thing bar more Hathaway SAWANOOO I give a toss about, bar Heaven's Feel-up 3. Looks like high budget Bones goodness. Bones have been dead to me since Xam'd and Towa and they became a shounen studio. Looking forward to it. Don't fail me by delaying beyond Christmas, Andrew. Pls.

Glad some people got Eva CE for £79.99. Also glad it went back up to not devalue the square. It had me agonising over cancelling, it did, but up the price went as my indecision remained. Allah works in mysterious ways.

PS: Links for delay-on-the-downlow watchers.
Black Lagoon (daddy likey~)
Josei's Fish

Last edited:
'Girls with Guns' finally makes sense to me, in my head. 'Tis a joyous moment. I had an entirely different type of 'guns' in my head.

That aside, there's a video for everything on the internet, and if BL is - inevitably - delayed, or does not have Revy's bum in hotpants taking up place on a nice, semi-big, black... art box, then Andrew will be roleplaying as the "give" guy, in a Scottish accent. Everyone else, Revy, minus the Engrish accent.

I have both MVM full-size DVD art boxes. Not that I much want them anymore, but I digress: the blue one has realistic style Revy's bumbum. In hotpants. I also have the Mangle-Kaze Blurays. Never rewatched since, the older and more miserable I've gotten, the less inclined I am to do so. That, and the blu-ray quality was rather lacking. I do believe someone, somewhere said these discs will be using a different master?...

...anyway, point is, I own Black Lagoon already. Twice. A nice complete art box and I'll own it thrice, which will be a happy day. However, all hope rests on Andrew's shoulders. If no-one else does now people are increasingly irked in this thread by delays, I'll always believe, Andrew. Always.

Oh, and I want Josei's Fish. It's pretty much the only thing bar more Hathaway SAWANOOO I give a toss about, bar Heaven's Feel-up 3. Looks like high budget Bones goodness. Bones have been dead to me since Xam'd and Towa and they became a shounen studio. Looking forward to it. Don't fail me by delaying beyond Christmas, Andrew. Pls.

Glad some people got Eva CE for £79.99. Also glad it went back up to not devalue the square. It had me agonising over cancelling, it did, but up the price went as my indecision remained. Allah works in mysterious ways.

Ha, yeah, it's girls with actual handguns or other lead-spewing apparatai, and not the other meaning of 'guns'... in that vein I would be more interested in Girls with Gams, although with me now officially being of senior-citizen age, in reality it would probably turn out to be more like Girls with Gums, lol...

6922944edc2a7494ee8982ef22186da7--old-person-toothless.jpg
😱

This will be my third dip into Black Lagoon on Blu-ray as well, I originally had the US fatpack Blu-ray set and separate Roberta OVA set, but I sold them off once I got the US Limited Edition set. Actually, I'm slightly more of a fan of Jormungand over Black Lagoon, story-wise; they are somewhat similar and both are awesome series.

Josee is a blind buy for me, but I'm hoping it is at least a satisfying romance anime, and not one that ends up leaving everything hanging or unresolved.

As for Heaven's Feel, I'm good to go there - I've recently completed my goal of collecting all 6 of the AoJ and AoA boxsets for the movies:

6heavensfeel.jpg

And lastly, I did order a copy of the Zavvi CE boxset for Eva while it was on sale, although I'm pretty sure I must be totally insane - I was never a fan of Evangelion, or even mecha anime much at all, yet I've now pre-ordered both the US Ultimate set and the UK CE set, and also purchased a used US Platinum DVD thinpak set and DVD copies of the Death and Rebirth and End of Evangelion from eBay. I just recently watched the first 8 episodes of the series for the very first time; I had only ever seen the first rebuild movie before, and wasn't much interested in it back then, so I never bothered to watch any more. I suppose I'll need to continue further into the series this time around, to hopefully develop more of an appreciation for the story.

Last edited:
Back