UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I don't know why I thought this, so do slap me, but I just assumed that at some point the bog-standard Eva set would come up in the weekly deals as a pre-order with more than the current ten quid discount. Now I know they don't need to do this but it's their normal pattern, isn't it? and yes I have the unlimited discount too but...

I don't know why I thought this, so do slap me, but I just assumed that at some point the bog-standard Eva set would come up in the weekly deals as a pre-order with more than the current ten quid discount. Now I know they don't need to do this but it's their normal pattern, isn't it? and yes I have the unlimited discount too but...

It's £40 (Including postage to UK) on Up1 if that's better for you.

I think it would've showed up in a deal alongside the CE and UE versions. Standards barely get early bird deals in the first place iirc

November 22nd… so a delay gets announced 5:30 the day it’s supposed to be released… a delay of 8 weeks, wow AL how have you got this bad. Evangelion will be delayed next at this rate. I’m running out of patience as COVID can no longer be used as excuse even the HGV shortage can’t explain this length of a delay…
Did any of their August releases make their original date.

November 22nd… so a delay gets announced 5:30 the day it’s supposed to be released… a delay of 8 weeks, wow AL how have you got this bad. Evangelion will be delayed next at this rate. I’m running out of patience as COVID can no longer be used as excuse.
Just be glad you aren't waiting on Golden Kamuy if you're getting bent out of shape waiting an additional 8 weeks.

If I cared about Kamuy I would have imported a long time ago. (Then again S1 being CE only maybe not) At least with ALs stuff they are making these sets so the delays have some “logic”.
The reason I’m getting annoyed is I haven’t bought anything from AL since these (Penguindrum and Psycho Pass) and yet they get delayed I know august was a stacked slate should have seen it then. It makes me think we may get CCS listed for a 2021 release will it get one? I doubt it.

🥱🥱🥱 Please, release it in 2024.no, I insist

I'm assuming they're none too pleased about it neither and it's probably out of their hands but these stealth delays are grating as hell.

Disappointed about Penguindrum since that's the only UK release apart from Evangelion for the remainder of the year that I'm interested in. I get that these things happen but it's mildly irritating to have to find out about them on a forum (I don't order direct from AL) so close to their expected release date.

Typing of Evangelion, unless production of that was way ahead of where their releases usually are when they announce them, December looks optimistic. It's always been a complete fustercluck of a month to release anything in.

whistles whilst waiting for Black Lagoon news
If it'd help soothe your pain, I could show you an image of my Manga UK Blu-rays? Own S1, S2 and the OVA. Never rewatched since owning on DVD, naturally. 'Tis a pity but I am lazy.

AL, steps in advance?... Eva+Dec means one of two things: xmas sales will be shipped approx summer 2022, going into next xmas and/or Eva is going to be delayed. I'd advise Andrew to tread softly though, for it's the dreams of masochistic Asuka fans everywhere he will crush. £200 is a lot of monies to take 4months in advance, when AL are not known for being timely. Especially not with gigantic squares. The only hope is if 4months was in anticipation of at least 1month extra.

I think it's best Andrew cancels xmas if no Eva squares are to be had. That, and go into hiding. This forum will be fun. BUT, in Andrew's defense regarding Penguindrum: it gets progressively more abstract/worse as it nears the end. 8weeks extra? Eh, better you let AL keep your money. You'll be happier, long-term, and there won't be any need for excuses. Win-win, I'd say.

Not till 2022 but I think for 4K that’s worth it

This is indeed wonderful news, I'm wondering if this means there's a chance we'll get the 4K scan of Cardcaptor Sakura as well (I don't have a 4K set-up yet but I have no complaints about high quality 4K discs being included with regular Blu-rays so that when I do eventually purchase a 4K player and TV, I will have accumulated some top-tier titles to play on it). :)

Back