UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Seeing as it's a Zavvi exclusive, there won't be an early bird offer on the Anime Limited website for that, so I don't reckon the price will get any lower than £124.99.

I see, shame as I might have bitten for a bit less, but for £125 it's too near to the UE pricing, but UE is too massive to fit into my collection. I'm not enough of an EVA nut to just pay whatever for it either, will spend the cash on other new releases when they pop up I guess!

Never thought I'd see a standard collectors edition with Ultimate edition pricing but here we are. I'm sure it will sell but I'm not going to bite at that price.

So yes, the breakdown shows the standard is missing the ADV dub and also THE END OF EVANGELION - Video Format Version. (Regular EoE is present of course)

Final prices it seems and the CE appears (at time of writing) to be Zavvi exclusive, so no Anime Unlimited discount.

It does kind of make the UE look good value (if you ignore they will sell the UE at £300 come December if in stock) but not having to pay ASAP and fits on my shelf and I get the art I wanted (the DVD as art cards) the CE is for me I think.
Let’s just hope Zavvi packs it well for £125…
I can’t argue it’s not expensive it is really expensive but I can’t see it going on sale for a long time.

I put an order in for the CE version, I haven't cancelled my UE order yet but I'm definitely leaning towards the CE as it will fit on my shelf and I'd rather just have the amaray over the digipak.

I put an order in for the CE version, I haven't cancelled my UE order yet but I'm definitely leaning towards the CE as it will fit on my shelf and I'd rather just have the amaray over the digipak.

Same here, for me it's nicer to have it lined up on the shelf but will give it a good think over the next month or so before I decide on cancelling my UE edition.

Last edited:
@anime_andrew Now that all the different versions of the Evangelion set have been announced, can you please let us know which video master is being used for the discs containing the classic ADV dub? Is it the same HD master as the official dub discs, or an upscale from an old DVD master? Quite a few of us on here have pre-ordered the ultimate edition (myself included), and I'm concerned that I don't know exactly what I've bought.

Back