UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I bought it in Sweden and I've paid so doesn't seem to be an issue?
I've also ordered it, I'm in the Netherlands.

The poster I was quoting says international orders will probably be cancelled. If that is the case, then there is no way for any EU folks who don't speak/read either German, Italian or French to get their hands on an Evangelion set, with PAL encoding, in a language they can understand. Hence why that would be a big FY from me to whoever thought that was a good idea.

Interesting that the ADV dub is on seperate discs, it's possible if there's another version, it'll be cut. I suggest if you want that, really consider it. otherwise it could be the Khara approved Netflix/VSI dub only in any revision (that is currently being hinted at in ten days time).
I wonder if the later editions that has been mentioned won't include the classic dub discs, i.e. a Gundam SEED situation.

I wonder if the later editions that has been mentioned won't include the classic dub discs, i.e. a Gundam SEED situation.
I suspect that is the case, hence why I have ordered this set.
I am a little paranoid that the reason they are on seperate discs is that the classic dub has been reluctantly put in DVDs and and hoping further statements will confirm they will be blu-rays too.

I've also ordered it, I'm in the Netherlands.

The poster I was quoting says international orders will probably be cancelled. If that is the case, then there is no way for any EU folks who don't speak/read either German, Italian or French to get their hands on an Evangelion set, with PAL encoding, in a language they can understand. Hence why that would be a big FY from me to whoever thought that was a good idea.
Wow, way to f*ck over international fans and customers, AL! Guess I have to go for the Standard Edition then. Hopefully they will cancel and refund the order before shipping starts in December.

Gotta wait 2 weeks to even be able to purchase after unexpecting payments to be made....guess I won't be getting my hands on this with the rate it's going down...

I have already placed my order to my parent's house in Spain, hope it doesn't get cancelled. The AL storefront blocks orders to certain countries automatically (France, for example), so I'm inclined to think they would have blocked them for any country which is not the UK or Ireland, especially since it uses a different domain. The wording in the FAQ is also a bit weird, "The All the Anime Store ships in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland only." is a false statement as they do ship other items elsewhere lol.

Back