UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

£200 isn't a bad price, I've spent more on stupider things, but I just can't, somehow that makes me feel like a bad fan, my brain is broken.

It's really up to you what your financial priorities are - I bought one but that doesn't mean you have to. And look at it this way - it's guaranteed that it will sell out regardless so it's not like anyone is gonna lose money because you didn't buy this specific edition :)

It's really up to you what your financial priorities are - I bought one but that doesn't mean you have to. And look at it this way - it's guaranteed that it will sell out regardless so it's not like anyone is gonna lose money because you didn't buy this specific edition :)
i can't flex on my nonexistent irl friends if I don't have the best, what if anno came over he'd shake his damn head

I've also ordered it, I'm in the Netherlands.

The poster I was quoting says international orders will probably be cancelled. If that is the case, then there is no way for any EU folks who don't speak/read either German, Italian or French to get their hands on an Evangelion set, with PAL encoding, in a language they can understand. Hence why that would be a big FY from me to whoever thought that was a good idea.

I wanted the Koch Media CE of Dune, with the 4k restoration, two extra cuts, and the feature documentary that Arrow dropped from their version, but it's not selling outside of Germany.

i can't flex on my nonexistent irl friends if I don't have the best, what if anno came over he'd shake his damn head

Hmm these are (not) valid points 🤔 🤔 🤔 (though in all seriousness I hope you do get to meet Hideaki Anno one day if that's something you wanna do!) :) I don't wanna deter you if you wanna get it though! But Pokemon cards are awesome too and a pretty good flex IMO lol.

I've also ordered it, I'm in the Netherlands.

The poster I was quoting says international orders will probably be cancelled. If that is the case, then there is no way for any EU folks who don't speak/read either German, Italian or French to get their hands on an Evangelion set, with PAL encoding, in a language they can understand. Hence why that would be a big FY from me to whoever thought that was a good idea.

There's no such thing as PAL when it comes to HD by the way

I have asked THREE times from them via Twitter and haven't got an answer from them yet.
Likely because the licensing agreement is UK/Ireland only

And people doing things like keep talking about it, especially on public forums/sites like this means Anime Limited are more likely to notice.... What means they're kinda required to cancel orders they knowingly have outside of agreement

If people would stop asking.. they could just do what :redacted: does and ship "For sale in USA and Canada" anywhere

I know someone in the UK who can help me but the order is already sent in, and I didn't know about this possible problem so I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
I think you might be OK - a note from @NormanicGrav

For European members who are interested in the UK release, do note that prices during checkout won’t have UK VAT included but will be subjected to customs in your region.

I'm curious is the ADV dub just peoples prefered way to watch it? I'm kind of surprised as I thought the subs would be more favourable for most
I prefer subs for most anime, but I watched the dubbed VHS tapes of Eva so many times that it's hardwired into my brain.

I'm concerned that they don't specifically state whether the discs with the ADV dubs use the HD video masters or if they're old DVD masters, but with half the stock gone after an hour there wasn't time to wait around for an answer, so I've pre-ordered it. If it turns out those bonus discs with the old dub are upscales or SD, I might cancel it.

Does anyone know if they are different edits? Is there any reason why they couldn't be on the same discs, just have the episodes with four audio tracks/sub tracks instead of just two?

There shouldn't be for the most part. The only difference is that episodes 23 & 24 have both original tv versions and director's cuts that adds a few minutes of additional content (Rei's final battle with the 16th Angel is expanded, Kaworu's conversions with Seele, Rei etc). The original adv single releases just had the tv broadcast episodes, although they later released a separate dvd of the director's cut versions, however some of the cast had to be replaced (Kaworu, & maybe Gendo & Ritsuko if memory serves me). Later adv collections included both versions, while the Netflix release just uses the director's cuts.

If I were to guess, I suspect the classic dub disks may only keep the tv episodes, while the Netflix version has the director's cuts.

If you're reading and are able clarify on this, Andrew, it would be greatly appreciated.

I've pre-ordered, but it is far more expensive than I thought it would be. I continue to be baffled by whatever the issue is with Fly Me to the Moon (how can you have music rights and then, 20 years later, not?) but I survived the new Zeta Gundam OP which is an even worse atrocity. Unsurprisingly, there's also no mention of Death and Rebirth or Death(True).

I'm intrigued as to what the "classic dub and subtitled versions" will turn out to be as, while it makes some sense to put the ADV dub on separate discs if they're going to keep it exclusive to the Ultimate Edition, why then would you also duplicate the Japanese track? Unless....there will be different standard editions for different dubs? Personally, hoping that it turns out that the classic subtitled versions are the broadcast masters I've been asking/hoping for.

The design looks lovely though. Hopefully they got MediaOCD or someone like that to encode.

Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that a dub would be a selling point in such an expensive package. I'm way out of the loop.

That said, I bought a copy. I hate that I love Eva so much. Urgh.

Back