UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Hi everyone--I hope you're all doing well!

I saw Evangelion is getting an Ultimate Edition, and that made me recall a dear friend of mine, @CitizenGeek. He used to post a lot, and has one of the highest rated Evangelion reviews on MyAnimeList. He adored Eva; forever lavishing it with praise and attracting new fans with his debate skills, despite it only being one of few anime he'd finished. Tragedy struck and he is no more, along with his sister (whom I was also very fond of). Only wishes of condolences are left on his MAL profile, and this blu-ray release reinded me of someone I miss very much.

Forgive me if I'm being too forward suggesting this, but given Anime Limited is a big part of AUKN's community, would it be too much to ask if a copy was reserved for a giveaway competition on here, in honour of one of the biggest UK Eva fans? I apologise if I'm asking too much, @anime_andrew. I thought it would be a fitting gesture, is all.

- Daniel

Thanks for your kind words, I appreciate them, truly. Just hearing the lyrics to Eva's ending song, 'Fly me to the moon', makes me tear up thinking about him and the times we shared. The lyrics get me, every time. It was CitizenGeek - David - that introduced me to his sister, and changed my perspective on the Eva fandom.

Anyway, I shan't derail this thread any more. It was just an idea - an AUKN-only NGE competition, in the memory of a great a person. I'm sure I was asking too much given the cost, and this thread is about Anime Limited/upcoming releases.

On topic, I look forward to seeing the big reveal. I'll be very tempted if End of Eva comes with the TV series. Depends on the price point/size though: under £200, as long as can fit on shelf somehow, I might go for. Escaflowne's UE was a rather chunky rectangle I could find no space for. R1 art box DVD sets of old should be as large as go, ideally for me.

- Daniel

Thanks for your kind words, I appreciate them, truly. Just hearing the lyrics to Eva's ending song, 'Fly me to the moon', makes me tear up thinking about him and the times we shared. The lyrics get me, every time. It was CitizenGeek - David - that introduced me to his sister, and changed my perspective on the Eva fandom.

Anyway, I shan't derail this thread any more. It was just an idea - an AUKN-only NGE competition, in the memory of a great a person. I'm sure I was asking too much given the cost, and this thread is about Anime Limited/upcoming releases.

On topic, I look forward to seeing the big reveal. I'll be very tempted if End of Eva comes with the TV series. Depends on the price point/size though: under £200, as long as can fit on shelf somehow, I might go for. Escaflowne's UE was a rather chunky rectangle I could find no space for. R1 art box DVD sets of old should be as large as go, ideally for me.

- Daniel
Sorry to hear about your friend.

Can confirm Neon Genesis Evangelion's Ultimate Edition does include the films Evangelion: Death(true)² and The End of Evangelion. I reckon price-wise it'll be £199.99 SRP if they end up matching the European release of the packaging which is already 200 Euros.

I was a bit concerned it'd be well over £200, priced like that Bebop set I didn't want due to both already owning not collecting vinyls. With the hype build-up in advance, it makes me think it's to drive up interest before the price actually revealed. Think I read Andrew say in this thread it's a coordinated global release, though. I guess we'll see in a few days. Brexit may add some UK-tax vs the Euro price point.

I wish we could see the package, do you guys suppose it will look like the others we have seen?
I was actually wondering this the other day, if the couple of releases that we've seen so far and the way khara is involved in the evangelion releases are any indication, it wouldn't surprise me if they're aiming for some kind of coherence across all editions.

I'm not saying exactly the same, but you can kind of see a theme/type between the french/Italian and Korean editions.

I'm expecting the Evangelion fanbase to be split into different groups based on the reactions of the set.

Group A: Those who were hoping for an expensive but reasonably priced set, ends up with having to pay more:
1CLtkGy.gif
Group B: Those who are mad in money and will end up paying for the set at full retail with no hesitation:
Hy1yI9p.gif
Group C: Those who don't care about expensive products and celebrate those who do:
tQJrvGQ.gif
Group D: Those who prepare themselves for the best and worst outcomes in order to secure a copy:
tBVfYXb.jpg
Group E: Those who have the highest of expectations and do not get what they want but will still buy it anyway:
N9f8ZzG.gif
Group F: Those who pretend to be fans and realise what they have gotten themselves into:

I guess I'm group D.

But mainly I saw the show once a long time ago and thought it was just ok at the time. I'm really more after this for a rewatch to see if age would make me appreciate it more and to have everything in a neat little package.

Group E is the video game community every single day

I feel like I'm both B and D. There was no way I wanted to miss it and given we've had a year since in was announced I've made sure to have enough put away for it no matter the cost

Group C for me. I was entertaining the idea of getting it but I think at the end of the day I won't be willing to drop silly money on it. I'll see when the price drops but I have a feeling it'll be a pass from me.

Can confirm Neon Genesis Evangelion's Ultimate Edition does include the films Evangelion: Death(true)² and The End of Evangelion. I reckon price-wise it'll be £199.99 SRP if they end up matching the European release of the packaging which is already 200 Euros.
Only Germany will have a 200€ SRP (it is priced at 185€ on most retail sites). France and Italy already advertised lower prices (about 130€), and so will Spain.

Violet Evergarden and Big Order have both been dispatched for me

So the release date for Big Order of the 16th that everyone said couldnt be right wasnt so wrong

I'm expecting the Evangelion fanbase to be split into different groups based on the reactions of the set.

Group A: Those who were hoping for an expensive but reasonably priced set, ends up with having to pay more:
1CLtkGy.gif
Group B: Those who are mad in money and will end up paying for the set at full retail with no hesitation:
Hy1yI9p.gif
Group C: Those who don't care about expensive products and celebrate those who do:
tQJrvGQ.gif
Group D: Those who prepare themselves for the best and worst outcomes in order to secure a copy:
tBVfYXb.jpg
Group E: Those who have the highest of expectations and do not get what they want but will still buy it anyway:
N9f8ZzG.gif
Group F: Those who pretend to be fans and realise what they have gotten themselves into:

Lol, B and F for me. I'm not a fan of Evangelion, but I'll buy it anyway, just to have it in the collection.

Group C all the way!
I like NGE but to me it's not a series I can repeat view endlessly, especially with the rebuild films available, so I'll wait for the inevitable standard edition (that'll still probably be £100) and cheer for the people who drop a down-payment on a mortgage on this edition 🎉🥳

Back