UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Symphogear can’t get licensed so let’s license a thing so bad discotek basically only marketed the OVA because that’s unique…
"In the 2019 Anime UK News Readers' Choice Awards, Symphogear XV won the category for "Best TV Anime". Symphogear won the category for "Most Wanted Anime License."

I can't believe no one still hasn't licensed Symphogear, not even when it has been voted as THE MOST WANTED ANIME LICENSE. Clearly it's popular and wanted. Is there something preventing it from being licensed?

This week of new title announcements has been a shitshow.

I do think with Symphogear the longer they wait the more risky. As currently only 26 eps in America and each have a set the longer they wait the more people will want a S1 & G set. Or a G and GX if discotek do release GX, AXZ and XV.
Before this I would have said never but if AL can license this crap (Big Order) then Symphogear is possible, because this is going to flop I bet anything.

Thanks for info, just strange they usually put it on the page at the top, not under a closed icon.
Makes no odds really, nothing I want, if I had wanted Big order, I would have got the Discotek release already, as I didn't not something I'm interested in.

"In the 2019 Anime UK News Readers' Choice Awards, Symphogear XV won the category for "Best TV Anime". Symphogear won the category for "Most Wanted Anime License."

I can't believe no one still hasn't licensed Symphogear, not even when it has been voted as THE MOST WANTED ANIME LICENSE. Clearly it's popular and wanted. Is there something preventing it from being licensed?

This week of new title announcements has been a shitshow.
Licensing is far more complicated subject than many understand. In Symphogear's case I suspect it's the music licensing which is holding it back from a release. I recall some series have previously run into issues regarding the cost of licensing the music

If BO is from the same creator as Future Diary, I'll think I'll save my time and money for something better (like literally anything else) 😅

Someone at AL wanted the Big Windup baseball anime to be announced in the sale but someone got the wrong idea...

Jokes aside, Big Order set looks really nice but only heard bad things so I can wait a year or 2 for that one.

It's under the product details section of the listing. Big Order is 16th August
Indeed, seems unlikely. Big Order also doesn't have an English dub despite the listings suggestion.

Lots of things to come down the road and i'm happy (though i'm aware of that being seemingly a small group!) with the 1 EB I picked up (that being the rerelease of Miss Hokusai) and a couple of other things too. Looking forward to what follows after the sale ends in future.

Last edited:
Seriously considering making a Big Order. The show sounds absolutely dreadful but in the "so bad it's good" way. That OVA also sounds like great fun
There is only one way to find out ig, but wait until at least Sunday before deciding cuz it does look like dogshit

Back