UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Going back to Evangelion...
Death(True) ... is essentially Death(True)^2 with one added scene
Is that so? I was under the impression that Death(True)² had content added back in that wasn't in Death(True). 🤔

Or did you mean to say that it's Death(True)² that has the extra scene compared to Death(True)?

Anime Limited have yet another tweet promoting the sale today, curious thing about it though is that it's the second such tweet to use an image from Amanchu, and with the season 1 CE being sold out, I can't see the standard release being in the sale justification for that...

Don't you be getting my hopes up for a season 2 announcement, AL...

It certainly is suggesting it in my eyes.

Anime Limited have yet another tweet promoting the sale today, curious thing about it though is that it's the second such tweet to use an image from Amanchu, and with the season 1 CE being sold out, I can't see the standard release being in the sale justification for that...

Don't you be getting my hopes up for a season 2 announcement, AL...
Last I checked Crunchyroll has the rights to the second season. Given that Anime Limited & Crunchyroll seem to be doing well together considering every AL release in the past few months has a Crunchyroll promo sheet included, it wouldn't surprise me if they managed to get a bundle of Crunchyroll titles that included Amanchu! Advance and many others.

That is indeed exactly what I use mine for! It's also on display and acts as a back drop of sorts for my K-on! figures as they jam!
Aha we have to see pictures of your set up for that now, sounds awesome!
The Eureka 7 UE is the kind of template I’d like to see, digipacks in a regular sized case I can shelve with other blu-rays, a nice large format book I can shelve with other books and perhaps some quality tat all in a box that doesn’t really matter.

My main concern is that it isn’t too horrendously expensive, but I’ll come to terms with that as and when.
Yeah the Eureka 7 set is lovely, though I do still wish the external branded packaging was a bit nicer than a disposable postal package, seeing as I would never chuck that. However the rest of the packaging on that is lovely and fits on the shelf!

I'm conflicted with Eva, as I do want something standout and yet shelf friendly enough for displaying. I think the ADV collector's edition tin box for the dvds worked nicely that way (even if it was flimsy) and the Korean one does look nice. My favourite though has been the Japanese CEs for both blu rays & dvds, from 2015 if I'm not mistaken, simple and glorious.

I do still wish the external branded packaging was a bit nicer than a disposable postal package, seeing as I would never chuck that.
I don’t tend to keep boxes that don’t serve any practical purpose, they just take up space I don’t have. I keep some of them, like for figures (though I’m not really sure why as I don’t plan on selling them) but big boxes that can be done away with once the contents is unpacked are my preferred option. My Eva Platinum tin is holding up pretty well but my GitS:SAC ones have very rapidly deteriorated, they looked great when new but if that’s the kind of fate I can expect with metal boxes, I’d prefer cardboard.

Yeah the Eureka 7 set is lovely, though I do still wish the external branded packaging was a bit nicer than a disposable postal package
Couldn't agree more. E7 and Wolfs Rain UEs are the only ones I held off from buying until they were cheap for that exact reason. I want my UE in a nice big art box that can be put on display. Escaflowne, Terror in Resonance, Perfect Blue love them all.

Aha we have to see pictures of your set up for that now, sounds awesome!

I appreciate this is a pretty busy picture

20210731_100505.jpg

Is that so? I was under the impression that Death(True)² had content added back in that wasn't in Death(True). 🤔

Or did you mean to say that it's Death(True)² that has the extra scene compared to Death(True)?

My understanding is that Death(True) removed additional scenes that were in Death and then subsequently edited into the director's cut versions of Episodes 21 through 24. Death(True)² adds some of these back in, along with making some other revisions particularly with the sound mixing.

Death and Death(True)²
are both included in the Japanese Blu-Ray set, with Death(True) being exclusive to the DVD-only Archives of Evangelion set.

I hope there’s a normal edition of Eva too. Some I just want to own to have them in my collection. I’m hoping Psycho Pass Sinners Of The System gets a normal release as I don’t need all the fluff with what they’re releasing. I just want to complete more of my collection. Hoping since Sinners of the System was managed to get nabbed by AL they’ll be successful with Psycho Pass 3 and it’s movie but I fear I’m wishful thinking.

Couldn't agree more. E7 and Wolfs Rain UEs are the only ones I held off from buying until they were cheap for that exact reason. I want my UE in a nice big art box that can be put on display. Escaflowne, Terror in Resonance, Perfect Blue love them all.

View attachment 20046
I have these K-On figures too. I bought them when I was in Japan for a steal. Makes me happy considering I see some people trying to sell one for close to what I paid for all!

I have these K-On figures too. I bought them when I was in Japan for a steal. Makes me happy considering I see some people trying to sell one for close to what I paid for all!
Oh nice. Ritsu was the first one I got at the first comic con I went to and I got a bit mugged off. I paid £80 for her. Mio was the next most expensive at around 45 I think. So a pretty big difference.

My Eva Platinum tin is holding up pretty well but my GitS:SAC ones have very rapidly deteriorated, they looked great when new but if that’s the kind of fate I can expect with metal boxes, I’d prefer cardboard.
Yeah my Eva tin is doing okay as well but I am pretty protective of it, and I completely agree that it only makes sense to have collector's editions in the most durable form ultimately.

View attachment 20046
That set up is brilliant indeed, I love it!!! I don't collect figures but if I could be ever tempted, it would most likely be with an Eva Unit-01/02 or just maybe, any of the smaller K-On ones (I loved that miniature teacup one bundled with the Japanese CE), though I doubt I could stomach the endless mick-take from my wife who already does so with my anime collection... That Your Name artwork is very nice too.

And of the ones you've mentioned, I've got the Terror in Resonance one, which is gorgeous, but as I've mentioned before, I don't have the space (or imagination perhaps) for displaying it nicely...yet anyway heh. On the E7 one, I get why the external packaging is as it is, it's just that the addition of that Gekkostate branding makes me want to hold on it, as I suspect will be the case for a fair few if not most, and therefore slightly nicer packaging would've been perfect, as one then has choice to display just the lovely discs boxset, or the entire collection depending on the space available.

Oh nice. Ritsu was the first one I got at the first comic con I went to and I got a bit mugged off. I paid £80 for her. Mio was the next most expensive at around 45 I think. So a pretty big difference.
I will definitely not be sharing what I paid for all of them then 😛

its really tough to get certain figures for a decent price close to what they’re worth in Japan here in the UK. Dekai anime isnt too bad if they have what you’re looking for.

I hope there’s a normal edition of Eva too. Some I just want to own to have them in my collection. I’m hoping Psycho Pass Sinners Of The System gets a normal release as I don’t need all the fluff with what they’re releasing. I just want to complete more of my collection. Hoping since Sinners of the System was managed to get nabbed by AL they’ll be successful with Psycho Pass 3 and it’s movie but I fear I’m wishful thinking.
with Sinner of the System you could just get the CE and sell the box/booklet on ebay or something, AL tend to stick the same blu-ray in with them that they'll be selling later on provided it's an amaray release

The last statement is correct. Terrible wording on my end, apologies.

The last statement is correct. Terrible wording on my end, apologies.
Hey, no need for any apologies, man; thanks for the reply. 👍

I'm honestly rather vague on what the difference between Death(True) and Death(True)² actually is, so thanks for helping to clear that up.

Incidentally, does anyone know what the one extra scene actually is? I'm naturally curious.

Does anyone know what time AL announce the dates for Scotland Loves Anime?

Want to see if the weekends still available to book before I finish work as the managers off the rest of the week. Unlikely but can only hope

Does anyone know what time AL announce the dates for Scotland Loves Anime?

Want to see if the weekends still available to book before I finish work as the managers off the rest of the week. Unlikely but can only hope

so now waiting on the early birds

Back