UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

£60 - £70 for ONE disc 😱 holy s#it I'm so glad I don't collect vinyl!
Can someone please explain to me how/why these are priced like they're printed on solid gold?
It looks like a lot of them (maybe all) are Japanese imports which raises the price considerably. The Rec in G Gundam films were something like 90 quid each for instance.

Can someone please explain to me how/why these are priced like they're printed on solid gold?
I think one of the reasons why is because these are Japanese imports.

Other than that Vinyl is probably more costly to produce but in return they say it's one of the best sound qualities out there (better than CD).

It looks like a lot of them (maybe all) are Japanese imports which raises the price considerably. The Rec in G Gundam films were something like 90 quid each for instance.
They may be Japanese imports but they've been available of Zavvi for a while...
Like I said I know nothing of vinyl just genuine curiosity, I just see the Evangelion one and others for £30 ish and think that's the standard price unless it has a pretty colour or a sexy case 🤷‍♂️
Forgot to factor in the "Its Japanese Tax".

As other have said, they're all imports from Japan and most of the time Japanese releases and cheap don't mix but at least AL will be the better option for getting them unlike with Zavvi where they'll ship from Japan and it'll disappear up the backside of the local Yodel delivery driver when it's out for delivery (like one order I have from Zavvi which had been out for delivery for almost 10 HOURS and it has made me not want to give zavvi any further business if a package that has to be shipped in from overseas gets handled by those jokers).

Last edited:
It might be expensive as well because if the anime market in the UK isn't massive, the vinyl anime market must be smaller still. I assume the costs of licencing don't decrease with the number of copies but is instead a fixed amount?

They're a little expensive

Vally of the Wind: Record shop - £49.99 / Anime Limited £64.99

Castle in the Sky: Record Shop £54.99 / Anime Limited £64.99

But when AL has to pay P+P And 10% disount its close enough. Could likely import for cheaper though

Now, if Princess Mononoke was £65 ~ £70 then that would be an insta buy

20210725_124148.jpg

Wonder if the announcements have the Evangelion box set? Unless its pushed back to 2022. (I wonder if it'll have Fly me to the moon + the ADV dub. iirc fly me to the moon wasn't on a recently released korean set)

Edit: Didn't think it was likely but hey I had a check since iirc Otakon in the US is going on at a similar time, no GKIDS there (I believe they distribute the Eva set in the US when that comes out) as far as I can see

Last edited:
New titles including some familiar faces?

What chances are the new titles either March Comes In Like a Lion Season 2 or Sound Euphonium Season 2?

It'll probably be unlikely to be either of them, but hey, I can dream.
If we're doing season 2 wishlists, I'd be dead pleased with 2nd season of Amanchu, along with both of those you mentioned.

I'm wondering if one of the new license announcements will be Future Boy Conan? Not guaranteed, obviously, but plausible, particularly now that a dub is planned :) I would love to see AL release the rest of March Comes in Like a Lion as well :)

New titles including some familiar faces?

What chances are the new titles either March Comes In Like a Lion Season 2 or Sound Euphonium Season 2?

It'll probably be unlikely to be either of them, but hey, I can dream.
If we're doing season 2 wishlists, I'd be dead pleased with 2nd season of Amanchu, along with both of those you mentioned.
I am with you two!! I would be so happy if they finally licensed March Comes in Like a Lion Season 2, Sound! Euphonium Season 2 AND Amanchu Season 2.

Hoping to see Black Lagoon (finally) next week as one of the 4 - don't think either Eva or SEED Destiny would be ready for pre-orders as yet if I'm honest but happy to be proven wrong if one of them pops up...

I pray Eva will have a concise Ultimate Edition with no unnecessary fluff. Yes, I'm looking at you Bebop UE.

I appreciate wanting to give something atypical to other special editions whilst having something that fits with the series, but it made the price baloon out of proportion. Or at least, I'd rather believe it was the vinyl box that made it so expensive.

I hope Eva's will be a bit cheaper at least.

I pray Eva will have a concise Ultimate Edition with no unnecessary fluff. Yes, I'm looking at you Bebop UE.

I appreciate wanting to give something atypical to other special editions whilst having something that fits with the series, but it made the price baloon out of proportion. Or at least, I'd rather believe it was the vinyl box that made it so expensive.

I hope Eva's will be a bit cheaper at least.
How was the record flight case unnecessary? It’s an essential part of the Anime Limited collection. Where else would one store the AL vinyl releases?

Back