UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Can anyone clarify whether AL's release of Penguindrum will receive a new, more literal subtitle track, or if it's going to use the same one as on the Sentai disks? I think I recall someone mentioning there would be a new script, but it doesn't seem to be mentioned in the item description.

Can anyone clarify whether AL's release of Penguindrum will receive a new, more literal subtitle track, or if it's going to use the same one as on the Sentai disks? I think I recall someone mentioning there would be a new script, but it doesn't seem to be mentioned in the item description.
According to Hanners on Twitter, they were provided subtitles by the Japanese licensor so it's unknown if they're the same as the US. Considering AL's previous track-record, it's probably going to be same as before but perhaps with some spelling checks here and there.

Penguindrum is a weird show to explain but the Penguins are not really important characters they just become a way to distinguish between the three siblings in the end. It’s a show about love and the love between siblings and a show about family and how family expectations can damage you. It’s very Ikuhara because it’s his show. If you liked Utena especially the film or Yurikuma you will like this.

Honestly wish it was later than August, would be double vaccinated by then and would be down to see it, assuming that AL will carry the Funimation produced dub in cinemas (if not, i'll wait).

While I'm excited for the film, I can't help but notice this:

Anime Limited proudly produces releases from the biggest franchises in anime including Cowboy Bebop, Attack on Titan, NEON GENESIS EVANGELION, Mobile Suit Gundam, Tokyo Ghoul, Your Name, Weathering With You, Mirai and JUJUTSU KAISEN.

& want to read into it as more than a soundtrack.

I know the UK version of Your Name 4K comes in a digi pack but can we acknowledge how the French version is fully doing them dirty 😱
No digi, no black UHD box, just a bog standard blue amaray.... ouch. I understand why the French fans are always complaining on AL'S twitter now.
Screenshot_20210617-014030_Instagram.jpg

I know the UK version of Your Name 4K comes in a digi pack but can we acknowledge how the French version is fully doing them dirty 😱
No digi, no black UHD box, just a bog standard blue amaray.... ouch. I understand why the French fans are always complaining on AL'S twitter now.
View attachment 19399
Wait... a regular Amaray case for a 4K product.

h6CUL0R.png

Back