UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Ratings aren't required on the spine anymore.
As others have said they never were on normal releases.
I was mostly referring to the recent trend of indie distributors (Eureka, 88 Films, Arrow) actually acknowledging this and not having it on the spine.
As said in another thread I had thought Manga would be the first to start taking advantage as it would mean their Funi output would require less work (they'd probably still mess it up).
Personally I'd love for MVM to adopt it ASAP considering they easily have the most crowded spine and as they release a lot of Sentai who have they cleanest it'd just make sense!
If you want a comparison look up The Demon Girl Next Door Sentai compared to the MVM release šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

As others have said they never were on normal releases.
I was mostly referring to the recent trend of indie distributors (Eureka, 88 Films, Arrow) actually acknowledging this and not having it on the spine.
As said in another thread I had thought Manga would be the first to start taking advantage as it would mean their Funi output would require less work (they'd probably still mess it up).
Personally I'd love for MVM to adopt it ASAP considering they easily have the most crowded spine and as they release a lot of Sentai who have they cleanest it'd just make sense!
If you want a comparison look up The Demon Girl Next Door Sentai compared to the MVM release šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
i wonder if Manga do it because of HMV? anytime i saw anime in there atleast from Manga it was always spineshowing, AL and MVM stuff a lot of the time was cover showing

i wonder if Manga do it because of HMV? anytime i saw anime in there atleast from Manga it was always spineshowing, AL and MVM stuff a lot of the time was cover showing
The thing is that HMV also sells titles that don't have ratings on spines (like Arrow, Eureka, 88, Indicator, Criterion) so the logic wouldn't make sense.

In for Anemone and probably Fujiko Mine. I decided to get the UK CE releases for the Eureka Seven movies over the blah US standard releases, so I have the Hi Evolution CE already. Fujiko hopefully is just the Discotek discs ported over; this one is a much nicer set than the US standard as well. I do already have the Fujiko Funimation LE box, so this would be a double-dip. I assume these will be available also from AOL for international shipping, as neither seems to be an AL exclusive.

I think I've worked out one of the AllTheAnime Sale items, but just a guess and partly cause I've seen it going for Ā£17, so my guess is Erased blu ray box set. But I suggest everybody wait till the sale goes live, before searching for copies (Hive looked to be the best place, but also didn't look to hard as I already have)

Since it was only Ā£15, I decided to pick up the Attack on Titan: Roar of Awakening Film. And because it was part of the BOGOF deal I decided to take a chance on Napping Princess.

I want to get Eureka Seven set but when I bought the Beez DVD sets years ago, I didn't enjoy the series as much as I would want to. (Plus some subtitles issues on the DVD sets also put me off).
I want to give it another chance but I'm saving up for future Gundam series atm lol

Looks like itā€™s finally time to upgrade my Eureka 7 DVDs. I almost feel bad only paying Ā£35 for that UE, it must have been a bit of a bomb judging by just how long the stock has lingered.

Low Stock warning now, dunno if it was me that triggered that.

Back