UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Children Who Chase Lost Voices steelbook arrived.

However, the information card came damaged.

What should I do?

Attachments

• 8A82BACD-FB96-43E4-A383-B8CEBFEC1207.jpeg
    8A82BACD-FB96-43E4-A383-B8CEBFEC1207.jpeg
    247.7 KB · Views: 11
I wonder what Your Name in 4K will have for the release. Steelbook?

Hopefully it will have some of the substantial extras that were on the Japanese release - 'The Making of Your Name' feature documentary in particular. And as I said last week it would be an ideal opportunity to release Shinkai's short films that AL have yet to release. I'd much rather have both or either of those things than fancy packaging.

For Your Name's 4K release, I wouldn't mind a Steelbook edition to be honest. I personally don't want another deluxe edition considering we already got that with the last release which is pretty much spot on.

Very happy to see Gundam F91 on the schedule, though confirmation on what masters are being used would be appreciated beforehand.

Nice to see K: Seven Stories on the schedule.

First we've heard of another delay to Children of the Sea too? Now delayed further from 8th March to 29th March (was originally 22nd February).
So, bit of a weird one, but that's the "general retail" release date I put in the blog post.

Is difficult to make an exact distinction between the two in a announcement piece like that without adding more text or confiusion, but is basically a case where retailers need more time to integrate their stock, though we're (currently) still expecting our stock to be arriving just before the 8th as planned. So our shop will still say the 8th for that reason, but elsewhere you'll start noticing the change over soon, Hope that helps.

Hopefully it will have some of the substantial extras that were on the Japanese release - 'The Making of Your Name' feature documentary in particular. And as I said last week it would be an ideal opportunity to release Shinkai's short films that AL have yet to release. I'd much rather have both or either of those things than fancy packaging.

Alas, those are not available to include - alas the extras available for Your Name haven't changed since release or I'd definitely love to include them! Short films are a separate (and complicated in the case of the commercials) set of rights so can't be added just like that either. Never say never though, I'm aware of both and am always keeping an eye out, short film is a big passion of mine as you can see from some of the releases we've done (IG's short collection immediately springs to mind as one example).

More release details in due course too (but it's not a steelbook to be clear on that as we did one already there).

Best,

AP

Does anyone know if there's any difference to the content of the Violet Evergarden compilation movies compared to the TV series (ie. any footage cut or added)?

Alas, those are not available to include - alas the extras available for Your Name haven't changed since release or I'd definitely love to include them! Short films are a separate (and complicated in the case of the commercials) set of rights so can't be added just like that either. Never say never though, I'm aware of both and am always keeping an eye out, short film is a big passion of mine as you can see from some of the releases we've done (IG's short collection immediately springs to mind as one example).

More release details in due course too (but it's not a steelbook to be clear on that as we did one already there).

Best,

AP

Always glad for another short film enthusiast! Thanks for the response, even if it's not necessarily what I wanted to hear! I thought there might be a chance for one or two that Shinkai/ComiX Wave owned themselves as I think Kaze included Someone's Gaze as an extra on their initial limited edition release of Garden of Words, but I appreciate that licensing these things can be a tricky business and I'll be surprised if the commercials ever get a home video release.

All the best.

Well played, dude. 👍

I feel like I did my best and took it slowly too, but I still ended up with one bubble. It's a shame, but there's probably nothing else I could've realistically done.

The glue was strong with that one.

It's a shame, some people said you can try heating the glue with a hair dryer first but I am not in possession of one!

Back