UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I just got a notification that the two items on my Christmas sale order which were awaiting reprints (Gundam 0079 Part 2, Outlaw Star) have shipped. The rest of the items still haven't, though, which is most unusual.

I got a shipping email for Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust but also not Wolf's Rain which was holding up that order. Guess they've just decided to start doing partial shipments on these sorta orders now.

I've had a notification to say my complete order from the Christmas sales has shipped. That's ten items, five of which were awaiting reprints.

I agree with what others have said about multi-region Blu-ray players, I actually have two (one for my bedroom and one for my living room) and they were thoroughly worth the money. I'm really hoping Anime Limited license some Discotek stuff as well (Kaiba, Honey and Clover, Marmalade Boy, I would say The Twelve Kingdoms but I already have it and I'm sure there are other series by them I'd want but those are the first few that come to mind). I was wondering if others think there's any possibility that the long time since we've heard anything about Cardcaptor Sakura is cuz they're planning a redub, maybe by the same lot who dubbed Clear Card? (I know it's a Funimation release but dunno who the actual dubbing studio is). Like I emphasise this is just a question/thought I had and I have no evidence.

I was wondering if others think there's any possibility that the long time since we've heard anything about Cardcaptor Sakura is cuz they're planning a redub, maybe by the same lot who dubbed Clear Card? (I know it's a Funimation release but dunno who the actual dubbing studio is). Like I emphasise this is just a question/thought I had and I have no evidence.
Clear Card was in fact Funimation, using the some of the same voice actors (where applicable) as Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle where Monica Rial played Princess "Sakura" and Jason Liebricht as Syaoran. I would like to see it redubbed some day as the existing Animax dub is very rough (of course it will get you through the story and it could have been a lot worse in other respects such as 90's/early 2000's western censorship that was the case with CardCaptors) and could easily be improved upon and if Funi did so then that would be fine by me for consistency. However, CCS isn't Sailor Moon in terms of western impact/nostalgia so I would say it's unlikely but then again Escaflowne did get redubbed so who knows.

Someone asked them about it, think it was because they created shipping labels but couldn't send yet because the stock hadn't arrived.

Bunch of us have the same I think.
Yup. I asked Anime Limited about mine a few days ago, and it was because of a shipping label printed too early. The tracking for said order, though, has updated - so mine is now actually in the wild now.

I got my dispatch email on the 7th - I just checked the tracking and it looks like mine is currently in Milton Keynes, which I guess is nice for it 😅

Anyone got an email from the Post Office saying they have a package coming. The only things I'm waiting on are a figure which I'm pretty sure is still in Japan and Planetes!

Back