UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

And my hot take I do not accept Turn A is in UC. Sorry Retcon Rec in G soz babes.
The good news is it kind of has been retconned, Sunrise have said Tomino was talking out his ass (in not so colourful words) with Rec G, and canonically Turn A does take place after that show. So all in all it doesn't retcon Turn A anymore.

Yay it allows me to keep recommending Turn A then. Do hope Nozomi release the Rec in G films as I’m interested but not £200 interested.
Yeah I also do think NT made not a lick of sense and made me re evaluate my love of unicorn I do think the baggage of NT being based on the entire UC kinda explains that.

Yay it allows me to keep recommending Turn A then. Do hope Nozomi release the Rec in G films as I’m interested but not £200 interested.
Yeah I also do think NT made not a lick of sense and made me re evaluate my love of unicorn I do think the baggage of NT being based on the entire UC kinda explains that.
Apparently the movies for Rec G are much better so I'm hoping AL bring them over as well. I'll probably replace my season boxset with them if I enjoy it.

Apparently the movies for Rec G are much better so I'm hoping AL bring them over as well. I'll probably replace my season boxset with them if I enjoy it.
The 2 movies thus far have been pretty good. Not perfect but they address major criticisms of the show. For one, Bellri fighting against his own people and killing them is actually an acknowledged character arc now.

The Millennium Actress release is wonderful. It's a shame that it doesn't carry across the Making Of from the old DVD, but the booklet is a good read and there were no obvious flaws with the 4K transfer.

Was finally able to find a reputable region free Blu-ray player for a fair price. Is also 4K and region free for DVDs too.

Still planning to support UK Gundam releases/AL releases in general but the situation with NT has just underlined my annoyance of not being sure what will survive to a UK release. At least now if I feel we've really lost out I have alternatives

Was finally able to find a reputable region free Blu-ray player for a fair price. Is also 4K and region free for DVDs too.

Still planning to support UK Gundam releases/AL releases in general but the situation with NT has just underlined my annoyance of not being sure what will survive to a UK release. At least now if I feel we've really lost out I have alternatives
A multi-zone player is a must for collecting anime, IMO. The UK gets a reasonable number of releases these days, but it's the tip of the iceberg compared to what the US has, and we still have to wait 1-5 years longer than the US for most of them.

Even then, we don’t always get the best version, Gundam stuff aside, we’ll probably never see a proper complete release of Castle of Cagliostro like the Discotek one since Studio Canal will grip on to that and the Ghibli stuff for dear life. Then there’s stuff like Galaxy Express 999 which I doubt will ever be released in the UK. A region free player was probably the best stupid purchase I ever made.

As I’ve said many times being able to watch After War this year on BD is why I’m still a Gundam fan as if I had only watched NT spoilers I wouldn’t be. I do hope we get an after war release but it like V we don’t I can always import (don’t ask me why I’m importing the JP V but I do hate love that series).
Outside Gundam thanks to region A playability I was able to watch Symphogear again with new subs and fell in love again, honey and clover on BD was also nice as II is pretty good bar some characters questionable decisions imo.

if anyone is really desperate for the Turn A CE a copy popped up on ebay for £75

i am not the seller, this just popped up in my watch alert for the Origin CE oddly enough
Amazon still have stock at £54.99

Even then, we don’t always get the best version, Gundam stuff aside, we’ll probably never see a proper complete release of Castle of Cagliostro like the Discotek one since Studio Canal will grip on to that and the Ghibli stuff for dear life. Then there’s stuff like Galaxy Express 999 which I doubt will ever be released in the UK. A region free player was probably the best stupid purchase I ever made.
I am optimistic that Anime Limited might tackle some of the classic IPs Discotek Media has sorted out like Galaxy Express 999, Kimagure Orange Road, the Lupin the Third collection (minus Cagliostro unless TMS denies Studio Canal the chance to renew it), City Hunter and Urusei Yatsura, but right now they're probably too busy dealing with other titles first.

I am optimistic that Anime Limited might tackle some of the classic IPs Discotek Media has sorted out like Galaxy Express 999, Kimagure Orange Road, the Lupin the Third collection (minus Cagliostro unless TMS denies Studio Canal the chance to renew it), City Hunter and Urusei Yatsura, but right now they're probably too busy dealing with other titles first.
I'd be very surprised if AL released any of those, primarily due to length. Unless I'm forgetting something, they tend to only stretch to 50 episodes for Gundam, with the rest of their TV catalogue being in the 12-26 episode range. I couldn't see them releasing a show with 100-200 episodes.

Back