UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Does anyone else have orders that have been “in transit” for over a week? Wondering if it’s worth sending an email
Yes, my day 1 order was ‘shipped’ 10 days ago, but fedex have only received the shipment notification and made the tracking number for it. It’s not been given to them yet. In the 10 days since I’ve gotten kill la kill, millennium actress and erased lol. A bit annoying, but I can’t imagine it’s much more of a wait. To be honest even just hearing here that I’m not the only one puts my mind at ease

Also had a AL order, that took over 2 weeks between the shipment notification (and the creation of the tracking number) and the actual pickup by Fedex.
And sadly, despite stated in the shipping notice, items were missing. Contacted AL to figure it out but still pending a response :(

I picked up the Wolf's Rain and Eureka Seven Ultimate Editions in the Christmas sale and they really are lovely but oh so unwieldy. I understand why the dimensions were necessary for the A4 art books, but in future it would be great if they could be put together similar to, for example, Criterion's Ingmar Bergman box set where both book and disc holders can seperately slot into/be removed from a hard case.

I finished watching Wolf's Rain last night. It's within touching distance of being a masterpiece, notwithstanding four recap episodes in the middle of a 30 episode show.

Just looking at my recently delivered sets of Code Geass: Re;surrection and Summer Days with Coo and wondering...

What are the chances of standard editions for the three Geass recap films? Quite good, I hope, since the first one's now OOP?

Also, given that AL have Coo, Miss Hokusai and Birthday Wonderland by Keiichi Hara, what are the chances of completing the set by adding Colorful to those?
[tries to make that question drift in the general direction of @anime_andrew 😜]

What are the chances of standard editions for the three Geass recap films? Quite good, I hope, since the first one's now OOP?
I’d say the three movie amarays in a new artbox is more likely than actual standard editions. Or the three recap movies and the new movie in four amarays with an artbox.

I have 2 orders which were apparently shipped 8th january... All royal mail site says is... Sender as told us they are sending the goods via royal mail or summat like that.. To me that sounds royal mail havent had them yet
Tracking on royal mail is flakey at best currently as I had a package shipped in December and the first update after "sender dispatching item" was when it reached the local mail centre, so only having "sender dispatching item" in tracking doesn't mean that royal mail doesn't have the item and is more likely that it hasn't been scanned through on its journey.

Anyone else still waiting on shipping for an item from the Christmas sale that has since gone OOP? They're ignoring my pleas for an update (while responding swiftly to cancellation requests).

I think they want me to cancel so that they don't have to tell me there's no stock. Feels like a Mexican standoff at this point 😂

Anyone else still waiting on shipping for an item from the Christmas sale that has since gone OOP? They're ignoring my pleas for an update (while responding swiftly to cancellation requests).

I think they want me to cancel so that they don't have to tell me there's no stock. Feels like a Mexican standoff at this point 😂
I'm sure they would have told you if they couldn't deliver something. More than likely they haven't responded yet as they are looking for the answer to your question themselves, they have a new shipping company they are working with which are doing things differently. That's how a lot of customer service desks work.

I'm sure they would have told you if they couldn't deliver something. More than likely they haven't responded yet as they are looking for the answer to your question themselves, they have a new shipping company they are working with which are doing things differently. That's how a lot of customer service desks work.
If that's the case I'd have thought they'd just say "we're looking into it". I'd have been fine with that. Less fine with silence.

I hope I'm wrong and you're right, anyway.

The biggest issue is indeed the lack of extras and the use of the theatrical version. I was ok with the video quality personally but the rest is kind of a bad show.
It feels to me like an oddly rushed release, especially given one of the only extras is a Hathaway trailer. As if Sunrise were on their backs demanding the latest UC animated work be released in both countries ASAP and so it was decided to just cut extras so they could get it done without having to translate the extras into French.

It feels to me like an oddly rushed release, especially given one of the only extras is a Hathaway trailer. As if Sunrise were on their backs demanding the latest UC animated work be released in both countries ASAP and so it was decided to just cut extras so they could get it done without having to translate the extras into French.
They could always do what Kaze did and lock the extras to one of the languages.

They were notorious for having all the extras locked to the French side of the disc.

Last edited:
What a shame it’s the worst Gundam of the recent era excluding the one they don’t want to give a Western release (Twilight Axis)

Back