UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

It’d be nice if Al could say what they are going to do post brexit like mvm did, if they don’t take off U.K. vat it makes no sense to buy from them anymore, even the early buys would cost more than Amazon
If you ask me, they should restrict sales to territories they actually hold the rights for.

I was going to buy the erased early buy but I’ll just get it on Amazon now cos I’m guessing AL won’t even take off the U.K. vat making everything 20% more expensive

I was going to buy the erased early buy but I’ll just get it on Amazon now cos I’m guessing AL won’t even take off the U.K. vat making everything 20% more expensive
I had all my UK Amazon preorders cancelled recently (Turn-A Part 1, Doctor Who Season 8), and from what I gather this doesn't seem to be a unique occurrence, as several people have complained about this. I hope the cancellations only apply to orders from 2020 and not new ones.

Jesus christ 😅 Please never send stuff with FedEx again Anime Limited. My second delivery was supposed to be very soon, probably today, since it arrived to Arlanda, Sweden last Friday but today when I checked the package is back in Stansted GB 😶

So even those al send email saying despatched.. It isnt.. Since friday theu sent a despatch email. 2 via royal mail 1 via fedex... All jusst say... Sender as confirmed they will swnd to. Us... Soooo since thursday... Until now at least... They are still not been sent to any courier... Still sitting at the warehouse..hmm

So even those al send email saying despatched.. It isnt.. Since friday theu sent a despatch email. 2 via royal mail 1 via fedex... All jusst say... Sender as confirmed they will swnd to. Us... Soooo since thursday... Until now at least... They are still not been sent to any courier... Still sitting at the warehouse..hmm
It's been sent. Royal Mail are garbage atm, their tracking is all over the place.

You mean before they tell us they’ve shipped and we wait a week for the new awful fulfilment house to actually ship them, and then for them to take another week for them to reach us through second class post.
Need to send an email about them myself tomorrow. Received FMP IV this evening and the customs declaration had a value of £39.99 and not the £29.75 I actually paid.

If customs was applied(thankfully avoided this time) it would have cost me an additional €2.50 in VAT.

This becomes more important with stuff like Gundam NT where I paid £18, which is under the LCG threshold, but could end up declared as £27.99 which is liable for VAT.

Just checked, and it was also declared as 39.99GBP for me for some reason. 34.99 would've made more sense. The value declared on the package that contained Birthday Wonderland did match the sale price of 19.99GBP. So perhaps it was just a typo in their system?

Just checked, and it was also declared as 39.99GBP for me for some reason. 34.99 would've made more sense. The value declared on the package that contained Birthday Wonderland did match the sale price of 19.99GBP. So perhaps it was just a typo in their system?
Still shouldn't have been £35 for me either though, I used the 15% off Screen Anime code.

The declared value is supposed to be the purchased value.

Back