UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

got my FMPIV CE today, on one end the cardboard had been folded up and over the bottom like normal but the top had a big bent hole like someone had tried to open it without opening the rest of the package, good thing it wasn't raining this morning as it probably would've gotten inside

My FMPIV (today at 4:58am) says "We have your item at PSC Milton Keynes and it's on its way."
mine was there yesterday

Any large packages won't be delivered with regular post because the space in them bags is limited.
i wonder if it depends on the day/package case i got a package yesterday from normal postman that was around half the height but the same in the other directions

I think a lot of it just depends on where you are. All my RM stuff is delivered by 1 postie who goes around with letters first and then parcels after he’s finished them.

Posties in my area have carts and I've always got my packages at roughly the same time. I think, as I'm so close to the distribution centre, that they come straight from there instead of in a van.

How does this work?

I ordert from Anime limited on 1st dec. when everything was in stock. When I go to the website now, 70% of the products i did order are now on awating reprint status. Did Anime limited save my copy when it was in stock? Because I still got no updates of my order and there are only 12 days left.

I ordert from Anime limited on 1st dec. when everything was in stock. When I go to the website now, 70% of the products i did order are now on awating reprint status.
I think the thing that seems to have been overlooked is that the titles awaiting reprint were probably like that from the very beginning of the sale; they just weren't marked as "awaiting reprint" at that point.

That's what I'm assuming anyway.

got my FMPIV CE today, on one end the cardboard had been folded up and over the bottom like normal but the top had a big bent hole like someone had tried to open it without opening the rest of the package, good thing it wasn't raining this morning as it probably would've gotten inside
Does your set look like this?

IMG_20201219_135954.jpg

I made one order with AL on the 6th, for three pre-release items along with two in-stock items. I emailed to enquire about the status of the in-stock items and was told that they may not ship until after Christmas due to the pre-releases. I'm not sure why given that those all have different release dates, but whatever. Another year, another sale, another fine mess, but will - eventually, God willing - get a cheap Escaflowne CE out of it.

I can answer that one - it's because fulfillment of orders with mixes of pre-order and catalog stock requires manual sorting of orders and logistics to do. While we strive to do this on a regular month our Christmas sale is an exceptionally busy period for us (as with most people it's a massive multiplier on normal business) and to do that would slow everything down exceptionally and create a much higher risk of errors than is comfortable for us.

The behind the scenes logistics in splitting orders naturally is something we're looking into but it doesn't come out of box on what we're using (which is the same system as a lot of small to medium businesses, such as Iam8Bit and Limited Run Games for example).

Best,

Andrew

Has anyone contacted Anime Limited for support lately? I've tried twice so far since the end of last week and heard nothing so far. I get they'll be busy but I do have damaged posters from the Wolf's Rain UE I'd like to get resolved.

We were mostly inundated as the holiday period crept up (most of the team are off as of Friday) but I know the shop emails are being checked through still so somebody will be back with you asap they can. Don't worry - if you've emailed us we'll be back with you and try to solve the problem there it just may take a little bit longer over this period :).

Andrew

So almost everything I ordert on 1st Dec. is now on awaiting reprint status. We have 14 Days left till Uk is out of EU. If I have to pay the 25% VAT on top of my order, I demand the 20% UK Vat from Anime Limited back. If they don't give me the 20% back or help me, than this was my last time I bought from them.

Everyone is working double time to get everything out before Christmas time if at at all possible here and we're striving to do that before Brexit o'Clock. When stock does ship tracking numbers are sent so you should be able to follow that. If it hasn't shipped already though it is unlikely to before the start of January as like most fulfilment houses for smaller companies, ours is closed from next week to January 4th (Demon Slayer is the exception as our friends at MVM are tackling that before they pop off early this week),

I'm not familiar with what your exact order so I'm not sure if there are any complications that are going to impact it but if you do want to query anything please do reach out to our shop if you haven't already at [email protected] and they'll look into it for you.

Andrew

Everyone is working double time to get everything out before Christmas time if at at all possible here and we're striving to do that before Brexit o'Clock. When stock does ship tracking numbers are sent so you should be able to follow that. If it hasn't shipped already though it is unlikely to before the start of January as like most fulfilment houses for smaller companies, ours is closed from next week to January 4th (Demon Slayer is the exception as our friends at MVM are tackling that before they pop off early this week),

I'm not familiar with what your exact order so I'm not sure if there are any complications that are going to impact it but if you do want to query anything please do reach out to our shop if you haven't already at [email protected] and they'll look into it for you.

Andrew
I’m in the UK so no issue with Brexit fortunately. But assuming MVM are on with my Demon Slayer order, I’ve had everything shipped now except the Mystery Box. But it’s not listed on my FedEx shipment for Monday with everything else I ordered on Day 1. Was the Mystery Box handled different as well or should I be worried?

Haven't seen it brought up here yet, got an email from AllTheAnime a couple hours ago wrt Violet Evergarden, blu-ray release is delayed because of the video quality, their looking at the masters to see if the can re-author and replace them prior to release, no estimate of new release date.

Personally, while I was still holding just out a little bit of hope that it might ship before xmas, I'd much rather get the best release possible when it comes to the video quality of all things, so I'm totally okay with the delay and really hope they can do something about it.

A couple of things to note from the email;
1) From the sound of it, they are uncertain of were the problem is, if it's a problem with the encoding not present on the masters then looks like they'll try to re-author them, but if it's an issue with the masters themselves we might be in for a disappointing release in spite of the delay.
2) They did refer to "looking forward to receiving shipping notifications imminently", so presumably they were kind of on track to at least ship the early bird pre-orders from alltheanime.com soon, so the delay may only affect that, and not the given retail release date of 11th January, but I'd imagine it'll only make that date now if they can't do anything about the video quality...

EDIT: silly me, was already a conversation on this in the one place I should have looked first, the Defective or Disappointing UK Anime Discs thread, my bad...

Last edited:

Andrew
I'm a teensy bit confused by this (familiar territory for me, tbf), when you say "closed from next week" do you mean basically they're already closed now and none of us should expect any more shipments from now until the new year?

Or by next week did you mean the week after christmas?

And, sorry for spamming the thread (last post for a bit, pinky swear :p ), I just received the Twin Star Exorcists set today, and one of the Code Geass movies arrived yesterday, they both feature a rather nice "foil" effect on the outer box artwork (the code geass one is particularly stunning, IMO).

First time I've seen this on their releases, really quite like it, anyone know what other releases (if any) have this?

And now I really want to track down the first Geass movie, whereas I wasn't all that bothered by it being sold out before...

I'm a teensy bit confused by this (familiar territory for me, tbf), when you say "closed from next week" do you mean basically they're already closed now and none of us should expect any more shipments from now until the new year?

Or by next week did you mean the week after christmas?
The message on the website makes it sound like they're already closed
Please note that any orders placed from 18th December onwards will not be shipped until 4th January 2021

Back