UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Anyone got Promised Neverland yet? Doesn't usually take this long after being shipped.

Thinking about it, My Twin Star Exorcists parts were shipped on Friday and still no sign of them yet.
Considering how SAO was handled last week (shipped Monday, arrived Friday), my estimation for my package is probably going to be this Friday.

I should point out that Anime Limited are using second class shipping (2-3 working days) so those were probably going to be delayed regardless. At least we have tracking now.

Don't know if it's a mistake but I got a dispatch email for FMP: IV. The website says Jan 11th release.

I got the same dispatch email, and I was so shocked, I nearly dropped my expensive drinking chocolate!

I will say, more generally, I'm not overly worried about how AL go about dispatching orders. I mean, sure, I'm in the UK mainland, so I've no worry about fees or whatnot. I'm getting a steady trickle of shiny new Blu-Rays through the door each day, so I'm a happy shopper. Still waiting on items from my Day 1 order, but I have a feeling that's down to what I've bought and the AL peeps playing 'Packing Tetris' with it.

I've had one minor issue this year, though. I requested a cancellation of an item I bought in error (I added a DVD to the cart when I wanted the Blu Ray. Because I'm getting old and tech averse.) AL were AWESOMELY good about sorting it without any quibbles. But I just noticed today that it looks like I was refunded for other items I purchased in the same order as well.

Already contacted the folks about it, and I'm sure it's a simple misunderstanding. But it goes to show - always check your records, folks!

Last edited:
Anyone got Promised Neverland yet? Doesn't usually take this long after being shipped.

Thinking about it, My Twin Star Exorcists parts were shipped on Friday and still no sign of them yet.
I had 3 separate orders ship from AL on Friday. One arrived on Monday and the others have yet to show up... I'm not worried it hasn't even been a week but how do three boxes ship at the same time from the same place going to the same address and arrive at such different dates?!?
Royal Mail 🎉

I have 3 separate orders for almoast 400 pounds and nothing dispatched till now. I ordert on 1st dec. I live outside UK but in the Eu. I am very scared because if it does not arrive this month in my country, then I am ******.

I have 3 separate orders for almoast 400 pounds and nothing dispatched till now. I ordert on 1st dec. I live outside UK but in the Eu. I am very scared because if it does not arrive this month in my country, then I am ******.
Welcome to the forum.
I ordered for a bit over a 100£ otherwise I am in the same situation.

Same here. I hope they manage to dispatch more of my purchases before brexit happens. FMP 1-3 is awaiting reprint for me so my biggest order is stuck because of that. Hopefully they will split it and send the other stuff ahead.

Buuuut that said now you have to tell me how did Manga annoyed Aniplex? :p
NormanicGrav mentioned this:
Manga has to my knowledge annoyed Aniplex in the past with ... the whole artwork issue with Sword Art Online.

And this is what I remember reading from anime expert Jonathan Clements:

2 Orders on Day 1, 1 Order on Day 1:
Received a shipping notice for the 2nd Order on Day 1, but tracking claims that the parcel has not yet reached Royal Mail. Others did not yet receive shipping notices...
Orders did not include any pre-orders. At the time of order, all items were listed as "in stock", however now 3 items (Space Dandy, 2x Gundam) are listed as "awaiting reprint".
A little annoying, as the longer the wait, the more risk of paying Import-VAT
I did email about my day 1 order, apparently it won’t ship til after Christmas as they’re waiting on new stock for two items. Which leaves me quite miffed as neither were out of stock when I ordered. Not sure if they just lost track or they prioritised some later orders but it’s not brilliant given what’s likely happening in the new year

Has anyone contacted Anime Limited for support lately? I've tried twice so far since the end of last week and heard nothing so far. I get they'll be busy but I do have damaged posters from the Wolf's Rain UE I'd like to get resolved.

Has anyone contacted Anime Limited for support lately? I've tried twice so far since the end of last week and heard nothing so far. I get they'll be busy but I do have damaged posters from the Wolf's Rain UE I'd like to get resolved.
While I haven't contacted them recently, every time I've emailed AL it's been the same guy who replies. I wouldn't be surprised if their entire customer service/PR department is that one guy, and if that's the case he's probably snowed under at the moment.

I made one order with AL on the 6th, for three pre-release items along with two in-stock items. I emailed to enquire about the status of the in-stock items and was told that they may not ship until after Christmas due to the pre-releases. I'm not sure why given that those all have different release dates, but whatever. Another year, another sale, another fine mess, but will - eventually, God willing - get a cheap Escaflowne CE out of it.

Just want to give a massive shout-out to AL's new fulfillment house.

I've just finished opening my first day 1 order, and what an absolutely superb packing job they did. The sets were bundled together inside a generous layer of bubble wrap, taped down solidly on the outside, then this was padded on all six sides by air pillows, inside a box large enough to accommodate all this. Needless to say, everything arrived in mint condition.

A brilliant job, and what looks like a great choice of fulfillment house on AL's part.

Major props. 👌

Just want to give a massive shout-out to AL's new fulfillment house.

Will second this. Between MVM being really timely with my deliveries and AL making sure everything's so securely packaged, I've been really impressed.

Truth be told, I went through one of those long periods of anime burn-out you hear about a little while back. It's been an age since I've wanted to watch anything. But between the sales offers from both companies and how quickly certain items have been arriving, I'm properly excited to sit down for a couple of weeks off in January and binge watch a load of Japanese cartoons!

So almost everything I ordert on 1st Dec. is now on awaiting reprint status. We have 14 Days left till Uk is out of EU. If I have to pay the 25% VAT on top of my order, I demand the 20% UK Vat from Anime Limited back. If they don't give me the 20% back or help me, than this was my last time I bought from them.

There's been no movement on The Promised Neverland which concerns me because my other AL Xmas package shipped out at the exact same timeframe and that's not only gotten updates but is apparently arriving today. I hope it's a case of the TPN set not getting tracked properly and is also arriving today.

Meanwhile Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory which shipped last Wednesday actually got tracking updates.

Back