UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

No worries, a lot of anime fans from recent years wouldn't know as it feels like it happened a generation ago. I had to double check when that partnership occurred and it was September 2016, so that was a couple of months after Anime Limited last acquired a bunch of Crunchyroll titles. Some did survive like Konosuba, Re:ZERO, Rokka, Testament of Sister New Devil, and Twin Star Exorcists which were mainly dubbed by different studios than Funimation (that being said I think Mob Psycho was also dubbed by a different studio).
I hope that Sony let Crunchyroll remain independent to license out to UK studios, I know I keep comparing it to Aniplex but it's the closest example. To be frank I don't trust Manga UK.

I hope that Sony let Crunchyroll remain independent to license out to UK studios, I know I keep comparing it to Aniplex but it's the closest example. To be frank I don't trust Manga UK.
I love how everyone is saying Manga will take over on the Aniplex titles, if anything Aniplex loves money and Anime Limited fits the bill with their collector's editions. Also if Funimation were going to distribute Aniplex titles then how come Darwin's Game, Magia Record: Madoka Magica, Persona 5 and Fate/Grand Order Babylonia are available region free from Aniplex USA and not with Funimation despite Funi dubbing Darwin's Game lol, my guess is that it's because Demon Slayer is a one-off due to being a super popular series.

Of course there's always a chance Funimation could distribute more standard edition sets but I would think that Aniplex USA would want their sets to be geolocked first before doing so. Not to mention Manga has to my knowledge annoyed Aniplex in the past with Madoka Magica and the whole artwork issue with Sword Art Online.

It'll be interesting to see how UK companies move forward, its an ever changing landscape so I wonder if it would be possible for Manga to sub license to AL & MVM sort of like a middle man? Obviously it would be shows they didn't want to release themselves and they'd have first pick. I hesitate to use the word 'scraps'... but it would see shows that they weren't interested in releasing getting a release.
And its going to be easy to say thats not how things work but like I said, things are changing and to be brutally honest I'm scared there won't be room for three anime distributors in such a small niche market when one of them holds 75% - 90% of the licenses.

I love how everyone is saying Manga will take over on the Aniplex titles, if anything Aniplex loves money and Anime Limited fits the bill with their collector's editions. Also if Funimation were going to distribute Aniplex titles then how come Darwin's Game, Magia Record: Madoka Magica, Persona 5 and Fate/Grand Order Babylonia are available region free from Aniplex USA and not with Funimation despite Funi dubbing Darwin's Game lol, my guess is that it's because Demon Slayer is a one-off due to being a super popular series.

Of course there's always a chance Funimation could distribute more standard edition sets but I would think that Aniplex USA would want their sets to be geolocked first before doing so. Not to mention Manga has to my knowledge annoyed Aniplex in the past with Madoka Magica and the whole artwork issue with Sword Art Online.
No I was talking about Crunchyroll and comparing their sublicensing to Aniplex's and how they are both owned by Sony. Sorry for the confusion. Buuuut that said now you have to tell me how did Manga annoyed Aniplex? :p

Last edited:
Is anyone still waiting for a day one order to ship?
I made five orders and aside from one explicit “waiting for new stock” order all have shipped except day one, and one of those was made on the 11th
2 Orders on Day 1, 1 Order on Day 1:
Received a shipping notice for the 2nd Order on Day 1, but tracking claims that the parcel has not yet reached Royal Mail. Others did not yet receive shipping notices...
Orders did not include any pre-orders. At the time of order, all items were listed as "in stock", however now 3 items (Space Dandy, 2x Gundam) are listed as "awaiting reprint".
A little annoying, as the longer the wait, the more risk of paying Import-VAT

I received the poster and art cards from the SLA Crowdfunder this morning.

The poster wasn't rolled, instead, it came flat in a paper A3 envelope and was basically ruined on arrival (crinkled and creased). I'm not especially bothered as that wasn't why I backed the campaign, but please don't send posters like this in future.

I received the poster and art cards from the SLA Crowdfunder this morning.

The poster wasn't rolled, instead, it came flat in a paper A3 envelope and was basically ruined on arrival (crinkled and creased). I'm not especially bothered as that wasn't why I backed the campaign, but please don't send posters like this in future.
Did you get the update email? They’re sending out replacements in better packaging as both AL and the printing company were under the impression they’d be sent in more protective packages.

Not a mistake, they said that for some of the pre-orders they would get in some early stock before Christmas. (similair to how Bartender had some early stock)
I’ve had some AL stuff arrive a whole month before release date before which is always nice, personally I’m surprised they had time to ship the stock between all the Christmas orders, props to them for getting through everything so quickly this year

Anyone got Promised Neverland yet? Doesn't usually take this long after being shipped.

Thinking about it, My Twin Star Exorcists parts were shipped on Friday and still no sign of them yet.

Anyone got Promised Neverland yet? Doesn't usually take this long after being shipped.

Thinking about it, My Twin Star Exorcists parts were shipped on Friday and still no sign of them yet.
My order with Twin Star Exorcist and an other order with Penguin Highway and Lupin Part IV arrived today and had shipped out on Friday.

Tracking for Promised Neverland shows that it’s at a sorting centre in England for me atm, so it’s with Royal Mail but it’s probably taking a bit longer than usual because they’ve been really struggling these last few weeks.

Back