UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Well Kill la Kill did have a collector's box same with SAO, I can see a standard at some point for Sao as they did one for season 1

I hope your wrong, hopefully Andrew will comment but... Unless there's no plans I can't see him doing that.
I would love a maybe though.
Another Aniplex release i remembered was Aldnoah Zero. I looked on the AL site and part 1 is currently waiting for a reprint (along with a number of other titles) when so long after release you'd think a 'Complete Collection' would be on the cards.
In the past they'd do a complete series by repackaging the standard parts into an artbox (Full Metal Panic, Tokyo Ghoul, Sisiter New Devil etc) but they seem to have stopped that. I guess they're just trying to see what works for them at the moment 🤷‍♂️

(just give me a complete Re:Zero!!!!)

Re-zero has a collector's box for both parts.
Aldnoah zero is technically a full set, season 1 and season 2.
I wish they would stop with the part sets. Especially without a collector's box to hold them in.
Magic Knight Rayearth is a recent addition. Discotek has already released this as a complete series.

Another Aniplex release i remembered was Aldnoah Zero. I looked on the AL site and part 1 is currently waiting for a reprint (along with a number of other titles) when so long after release you'd think a 'Complete Collection' would be on the cards.
In the past they'd do a complete series by repackaging the standard parts into an artbox (Full Metal Panic, Tokyo Ghoul, Sisiter New Devil etc) but they seem to have stopped that. I guess they're just trying to see what works for them at the moment 🤷‍♂️

(just give me a complete Re:Zero!!!!)
To be fair the three series you've mentioned aren't Aniplex series so they're probably easier to make a complete collection with.

I would absolutely buy a full series release of Kill la Kill in the same vein as I did with Space Dandy. That's my input on that.

I didn't know it was Aniplex though, if that's the case odds seem slim honestly.

Re-zero has a collector's box for both parts.
Aldnoah zero is technically a full set, season 1 and season 2.
I wish they would stop with the part sets. Especially without a collector's box to hold them in.
Magic Knight Rayearth is a recent addition. Discotek has already released this as a complete series.
True Re:Zero does have a collector's box, but it came with a part set and sold out almost immediately and now goes for silly money.
Yes, Aldnoah are full 'Seasons' but so was Assassination Classroom and that got a 'Complete' set.
But at the end of the day as ActionFaust pointed out none of the series that have gotten re-release complete boxes have been Aniplex, apart from Gurren Lagann and 'technically' FMA as the first part came with a box to store both parts but they were release separately so don't really count..........
Anyway as I singled out Aniplex titles when you mentioned Charlotte I was alluding to the fact they can be.... awkward.... when it comes to standard releases.

I just hope AL gets the OVAs if they did that. For x2 part1 and 2 they are the best episodes. Its why I dont regret getting the US sets.
Not just the OVAs, a redo on the discs if they want me to grab the UK sets. I find it ironic how considering Siren Visual botched Season 1 which prompt AL to author their own version which was a success, thinking AL wouldn't use SV's masters ever again, they decide to continue to use SV's masters for x2. No OVAs? Sure we could probably get them in an OVA collection years later, but at least have proper discs (Shou was fine as that was a different author).

Not just the OVAs, a redo on the discs if they want me to grab the UK sets. I find it ironic how considering Siren Visual botched Season 1 which prompt AL to author their own version which was a success, thinking AL wouldn't use SV's masters ever again, they decide to continue to use SV's masters for x2. No OVAs? Sure we could probably get them in an OVA collection years later, but at least have proper discs (Shou was fine as that was a different author).

Yeah I read that they botched the audio. My set up isn't good enough to make a noticeable difference but how that happened I would like to know lol. It is surprisng to learn that AL didn't continue to author their own discs though.

then again nothing could top the Evangelion announcement
MV5BOGU4MTVhYzItOGIxNi00ODgzLWFlOWYtMDgyMTI2ZTUzNjgzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg

Back