UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Do you think all the anime should offer a discount to collector's that don't stream who only watch physical media?
How would you moderate this though?

I could say I don't have a streaming account and only buy physical media, Anime Limited wouldn't be able to check if I'm telling the truth. All I'd need to do is not publically mention I'm part of the "Phyiscal only" club and use a different username/email on their site so they dont see my talking about current-season stuff on forums

Untruthfull, totally agree and I don't agree with people lying to get a discount. But the internet isn't the most trustworthy/truthful place and if there is a discount available, people will take it

------

Also this wasn't intended to sound rude to you, Your collection is pretty serious when it comes to "buy every UK Bluray" and would be the first person to say /this guy needs a discount coupon/ from @Hanners or @MVM but as a whole idea... it wouldn't work

How would you moderate this though?

I could say I don't have a streaming account and only buy physical media, Anime Limited wouldn't be able to check if I'm telling the truth. All I'd need to do is not publically mention I'm part of the "Phyiscal only" club and use a different username/email on their site so they dont see my talking about current-season stuff on forums

Untruthfull, totally agree and I don't agree with people lying to get a discount. But the internet isn't the most trustworthy/truthful place and if there is a discount available, people will take it

------

Also this wasn't intended to sound rude to you, Your collection is pretty serious when it comes to "buy every UK Bluray" and would be the first person to say /this guy needs a discount coupon/ from @Hanners or @MVM but as a whole idea... it wouldn't work
It shouldn't be an issue. Open an account pay for a membership, then the discount is automatically taken off.
Still this was just a suggestion at the end of the day.

I think it makes more sense to find someway to continue the Screen Anime discount if that project is retired. Some kind of All The Anime premium membership with the discount for a yearly fee. I'd say it could do things like offer the Early Birds a day early but that would understandably annoy people who can't afford the membership.

Yeah, I've paid for the yearly subscription when the Konasuba pre-order went up, and in 3 weeks have saved £20.00 and haven't watched anything through the service yet as I saw Children of the Whales at SLA and own the rest. If anything comes on there that I want to watch, I think that's the bonus and I've mostly paid for the discount code XD

Haha I want this yes.

Vincentdante explains the UC in one haphazard paragraph:

Zeon got pissed at their earth overlords and dropped a space colony on it, so the White base single handedly smacks them down and the Earth federation refuses to acknowledge they were more or less useless without them. Later someone thinks Kamille is a girls name and starts the Gryps conflict because of that, Kamille goes comatose in a delayed shock. Judau finds the Zeta Gundam and tries to sell it for scrap, moar colonies get dropped on earth, Judau buys his way to Jupiter with his ill gotten gains while Kamille is still in shock. Char returns and is sick of seeing colonies dropped on earth, so he tries to up the game with a meteor instead but accidentally dies. Unicorn happens and the space people find out they actually had a decleration of independence all this time, but just forgot about it until it was found in someone's space basement.

Last edited:
Given that I only understood about two half lines of it... I guess thinking I had some idea of UC from reading Gundam Origin, watching the movie triology and half of Unicorn was an early call, huh?

vPwpOlC.jpg

So the way the Bartender product page is worded, it sounds like they still have advance copies left, just at the regular price, which is only £7 more than the EB price - so the price difference is no big deal. So if I order now, are there actually any copies left to still ship out right away? I guess I'll just go ahead and order and find out, and if there are no advance copies left, I'll just cancel the order. Lol, still kicking myself about not ordering during the EB because I was thinking they were still pre-orders shipping a couple months early rather than immediately. This title is one of only three super-high-priority buys from AL for me, along with Violet Evergarden and Planetes. It's definitely worth it to me to import the Region B release if it's available 4+ months ahead of the US release, even if the two releases are identical in packaging.

So the way the Bartender product page is worded, it sounds like they still have advance copies left, just at the regular price, which is only £7 more than the EB price - so the price difference is no big deal. So if I order now, are there actually any copies left to still ship out right away? I guess I'll just go ahead and order and find out, and if there are no advance copies left, I'll just cancel the order. Lol, still kicking myself about not ordering during the EB because I was thinking they were still pre-orders shipping a couple months early rather than immediately. This title is one of only three super-high-priority buys from AL for me, along with Violet Evergarden and Planetes. It's definitely worth it to me to import the Region B release if it's available 4+ months ahead of the US release, even if the two releases are identical in packaging.
It looks like there's some advanced copies left but I wouldn't know tbh. The UK & US sets will be identical and the discs are probably AB given that B: The Beginning was.

OK, well that is great news if these AL/Shout releases are AB encoded, then I don't have to change regions on any of my multi-region Blu-ray players, one less step so more convenient. I'm anxiously awaiting my B: The Beginning copy coming out in a few weeks, although I pre-ordered that one from Rightstuf since the UK and US releases are coming out at the same time.

Last edited:
Feel like I'm completely out of the loop now, but I had no idea that Screen Anime gets you discounts from AL?
It doesn't say this on the website?
What sort of discounts can you get and how?

Back