UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I havent used it much yet but I have seen a few things on it that I havent seen before but I cant deny the discount is a big reason I went for it. I just had a check and I've already saved 80 quid with it.

So overall I'm 40 quid up in 3 months and a week. That is pretty amazing as far as I'm concerned.

I havent used it much yet but I have seen a few things on it that I havent seen before but I cant deny the discount is a big reason I went for it. I just had a check and I've already saved 80 quid with it.

So overall I'm 40 quid up in 3 months and a week. That is pretty amazing as far as I'm concerned.
I would have saved about £10 because I don’t buy everything and WWY was Zavvi. I will sub to save on Evangelion because I think it’s gonna be £300 but we shall see And that amazon thing happened with all the November sets I wanted so no savings there. Unless some £200 VE comes I can’t see myself saving money

I would have saved about £10 because I don’t buy everything and WWY was Zavvi. I will sub to save on Evangelion because I think it’s gonna be £300 but we shall see And that amazon thing happened with all the November sets I wanted so no savings there. Unless some £200 VE comes I can’t see myself saving money
But that's in only 3 months. If you average that over a year youd be looking to break even on your subscription anyway and still have the subscription all year round for when you want it. To me it very much seems like it would be worth your while to have anyway.

Would be cool if they could get some non AL release licsences on board. I still want to see Made in Abyss the movie for my main example but it would be amazing if say they could get Heaven's Feel 3.

I don't want Screen Anime personally because I really love blind buying most of the anime I buy and If I watch a film on SA a month or 2 before the physical release, I'll either lose interest in buying it or its just going to sit on the shelf for a year before I fancy rewatching it.

I know I ought to get it just to save some money, but I know I'll never use it so still feels like a waste.

The idea of a subscription just for store discounts sounds daft to me though.

MVM used to have a membership scheme on Anime on Line which accrued points and offered discounts with subsequent purchases, and Right Stuf have Got Anime, where you pay an annual fee for subsequent discounts. Watching something online isn't a prerequisite.

Otherwise I'm paying for a second service Ill never use.

No offense but don't pay for it then, you still have the EB discounts either way and it's pretty poor form to ask them to undermine their other service so you can get a bigger discount. To be blunt if it's not a something you want to put into then you are not entitled to take the reward anyway.

A membership points scheme for purchases is different, and would be cool if they implemented one I won't deny. But as far as Screen Anime goes, it is it's own thing and really shouldn't be seen as a way to get discounts as the Doctor say's.

No offense but don't pay for it then, you still have the EB discounts either way and it's pretty poor form to ask them to undermine their other service so you can get a bigger discount. To be blunt if it's not a something you want to put into then you are not entitled to take the reward anyway.

A membership points scheme for purchases is different, and would be cool if they implemented one I won't deny. But as far as Screen Anime goes, it is it's own thing and really shouldn't be seen as a way to get discounts as the Doctor say's.
How is it poor form to ask? And then say no offense? That is in itself kind of insulting you know right.
I was asking for an alternative service as I only collect physical releases.
It's not like they have to either way.

vPwpOlC.jpg

Back