UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

To those who ordered only Part 1 of Revolutionary Girl Utena with the Collector's Box to house all three parts like I did, did anyone receive a dispatch notice prematurely?

I received a dispatch notice last Wednesday, and at the time of this writing, it's yet to turn up. If I'm correct, MVM only shipped the bundles so far, and has stated last Thursday that they're waiting on stock for other Utena orders to arrive, so I'm guessing I got the e-mail too early.

EdcDZCNXsAEUwBG

In under 24 hours it sold out.

shame anime ltd wont just produce a standard 4k version without the extra stuff as silly to give zavvi rights to a 4k version and not stock any themselves after people have been asking for 4k anime to be brought here to the uk

shame anime ltd wont just produce a standard 4k version without the extra stuff as silly to give zavvi rights to a 4k version and not stock any themselves after people have been asking for 4k anime to be brought here to the uk
Licencing issue. The licence holder doesn't want a 4K release that is half the price of the Japanese one, especially as 4K discs can't be region locked.

I find it a little funny, and a little sad, that every anime site that I click on today has an article on the Weathering With You 4k Deluxe edition, with a link to pre-order it, and it's already gone. Pointless isn't the word. I know there is exclusivity, and a need to not have unsold stock lying around years after the release a'la the Patlabor movie CEs, but surely the pendulum has swung too far the other way.

There needs to be a little more flexibility in licencing agreements. Maybe have open season during pre-ordering. Close pre-orders a month before release, making sure that purchasers know that after that point there are no cancellations or refunds, and go to the licensor and say we'll be selling this many LEs plus a bit more to round up to the next 100/1000 (delete as appropriate) for latecomers that missed out.

This sold out in a fart-fade after opening is a little too Glastonbury ticket rush for my liking.

At least with this we know what we're getting. Festival tickets have gotten stupid, sold the week after the previous event without a single act booked. The ultimate in bs FOMO.

Although some festivals the "early bird" tickets sold after the festival can be cheaper. And for Glastonbury it's more about the overall experience than who is playing on the main stages.

Slightly better example would be tickets to normal concerts where some people will buy extra with the idea of selling the extra on for more money when it sells out.

Ordered the WWY 4K Ultra set from Zavvi UK for a total £63.58 ($80.75 at current exchange rate) with shipping to the US, then found out Zavvi US was selling it with free shipping, for a total of $67. 83. So, I ordered it from the US site and cancelled the UK order. Usually ordering from the UK site is cheaper, but the free shipping made the difference this time.

This looks like a pretty good month as I've yet to see half of those. Seems odd that it's the 2nd part of high evo rather than the first though.

For anyone who's kept up with them, assuming I've seen the original series, do I need to watch part 1 of high evo to make sense of Anemone?

(Or is all Eureka Seven outside of the original series still nonsense?)

This looks like a pretty good month as I've yet to see half of those. Seems odd that it's the 2nd part of high evo rather than the first though.

For anyone who's kept up with them, assuming I've seen the original series, do I need to watch part 1 of high evo to make sense of Anemone?

(Or is all Eureka Seven outside of the original series still nonsense?)
Apparently Hi Evo 1 will also be on screenanime under the bonus features. At least that's what the article Norm wrote for the website said.

Back