UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

We're expecting for more news on the likely timeframe for availability of stock and so on in the next few weeks. Obviously, we also have some fun logistical considerations to figure when it comes to shipping stock out too in the current circumstances!
Thanks. Was aware it had been delayed indefinitely due to the pandemic but with Japan apparently slowly easing back (hooray for countries with a competent strategy!) I was curious if there'd been an update.

Licensing restrictions prevented AL from getting any more artwork that would make a box. So the ones that were available for use were utilised as the CE front, back, and booklet etc.
Huh.

Personally I would have prepared that they used some art twice to get a box, but I can understand why they might think that that doesn't look good.

I wouldn't of minded if they reused artwork either, still much nicer than nothing. 00 box uses the series book cover but doesn't bother me.

Dragons Dentist only has 1 artwork and they still made a whole CE out of it.

Pretty sure most part sets havent had a big box. Erased, Charlotte, Silver Spoon, Welcome to the Ballroom, March Comes in, Love Live Sunshine, Aldnoah 0, tokyo ghoul, FMA all never got one. They've been becoming more common sure but I dont think it will ever be the case that all shows get them.

Personally I dont like when 2 parts have identitcal spines, so Aldnoah, Ass Class, March, Erased, Silver Spoon etc I couldn't care less that they dont come with a box, its the ones like Ballroom, Charlotte, Rayearth that bug me. (It doesn't really bug me that much, just a tiny bit)

Please make part 2 spine a different colour or something if it doesn't come with a box!! (Okay, maybe it does bug me)

Personally I dont like when 2 parts have identitcal spines, so Aldnoah, Ass Class, March, Erased, Silver Spoon etc I couldn't care less that they dont come with a box, its the ones like Ballroom, Charlotte, Rayearth that bug me. (It doesn't really bug me that much, just a tiny bit)

Please make part 2 spine a different colour or something if it doesn't come with a box!! (Okay, maybe it does bug me)
It's the size inconsistency on Erased that gets me! A 90pg book and a 40pg book... couldn't do two 65pg books!?!?!?

Sorry...

Rant over.

OCD FTW.

And who's f'ing idea was it to NOT put the season/part number on Ajin & Aldnoah!!!!!! 😂

Back