UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I've noticed some inconsistency regarding the release dates for Revolutionary Girl Utena. Anime Limited states that Part 1 will be released on 13th July, Part 2 on 17th August and Part 3 on 14th September. MVM/Anime On Line states the release date is on 20th July for all 3 parts and Amazon states the same as Anime Limited (except Part 1 is on 20th July, rather than 13th July).
Bundles will ship out on 13th July, the individual sets will be released in July (Part 1), August (Part 2), and September (Part 3).

They did the same with Fullmetal Alchemist (2003)'s 2020 releases where the early birds shipped out in May but the dates are June (Part 1) and July (Part 2).

Is it me or Is it likely that Utena will miss its release date now as AL stuff usually has shipped by now for a Monday release.
I know we won’t get the bonuses from the £100+ set as that was in a warehouse but at least an update.

Is it me or Is it likely that Utena will miss its release date now as AL stuff usually has shipped by now for a Monday release.
I know we won’t get the bonuses from the £100+ set as that was in a warehouse but at least an update.
Stock landed in the warehouse yesterday and they're gonna start shipping from today, obviously unlikely they'll get them all out but I'm sure people will survive having to wait a few extra days...

Stock landed in the warehouse yesterday and they're gonna start shipping from today, obviously unlikely they'll get them all out but I'm sure people will survive having to wait a few extra days...
Stock for the 1-3 bundle with artbox orders will actually start shipping next week. We're currently waiting on boxes to arrive. There's a lot of orders to do on this, not to mention different versions [with artbox, without, bundles etc] so it will take me some time to get through them.

I was just deciding on whether I should import my first Aniplex titles, but then I read here that AL is releasing The Promised Neverland. That's great news, now I'll definitely wait for AL. Here's hoping they'll get Kaguya-sama S1 as well.

If I've ordered a Chelsea kit from the Chelsea store and it gets delayed by a week, does them posting an update in a random Chelsea forums discord count as an update? Of course it doesn't.

Still not too late for AL to give an official update yet though. Also, im not bothered about waiting a little longer.

Genuine question: did you / have you actually contacted us directly to ask for an update?

I was responding to people who contacted us late last night about Utena, as an example.

If by lack of updates you mean no email has been sent from the shop, currently that's only something I've been doing if a product is delayed and is needing to have it's date of release shifted because of that.
Utena is a case where that's not happened, as the stock was due to arrive this week, so no email was sent. Has stock ended up arriving perhaps a but later than we'd liked, sure. But it's still arrived .

I will add it's noting when it comes to pre-orders in general, on every listing for a pre-order it says "NOTE: All pre-orders will be shipped as close to release date as possible once stock is available."

To close out, to anyone in general reading this -- if you've got a query about something relating to a title/product or shop order, just ask us directly. We try and keep tabs on things being said in a variety of places, but it's simply not always possible with our respective workloads. So contacting directly via our social media accounts and/or emailing our shop is a very simple, easy and reliable way to get hold of us 🙂 It might take a bit of time to be able to respond with the exact info we need/can come back with in some cases, but we do respond 👍

Hope that helps but if anyone's got any thoughts/feelings on what I've said above, please feel free to post them 👍

Has there been any update on the import release of G Reco movie 2?

We're expecting for more news on the likely timeframe for availability of stock and so on in the next few weeks. Obviously, we also have some fun logistical considerations to figure when it comes to shipping stock out too in the current circumstances!

So paying £120 and wanting news is wrong and the fact AL did email everyone about Utena proves I was right. It is slightly delayed and they informed everyone.

Back