UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Wasn't it difficult enough to get S1 to begin with with that having to go back to the dawing board, so S2 not being there could still be that same undisclosed issue preventing things?

Do you know how long those holdbacks usually are?
Why I’ve lost hope is it’s been a year over when S1 came out and I have no idea why S2 would have a longer holdback than S1.

I don't see why AoA licenses should be compared with CR.

Sound wise.

March comes like is another story, here comes the whole AL vs MVM tho MVM tends to put stuff out faster cause of the way they handle releases.

Cells and rascal by AL wouldn't arrive in 6 months I bet.

March has been a year since the US release and they haven’t even licensed if it was licensed I wouldn’t mind but they said they are trying but yet to get it. I do hope it’s licensed by the time Discotek release Honey and Clover.

Has there ever been any chat re: whether AL will pick up Shinkai's 5 Centimetres per second since Manga's release went so quickly OOP?

Has there ever been any chat re: whether AL will pick up Shinkai's 5 Centimetres per second since Manga's release went so quickly OOP?
If one is region free, just get the Discotek release. Manga's BD is a clone of Discotek's, which itself is a clone of the Japanese release. Before someone says "you're just shilling because you do work for Discotek"- it's true I've done stuff for them, but seeing as the JP release is at the standard Japanese price (~£40), it is probably the most cost effective solution assuming one is region free or does not mind ripping the disc to play on a PC.

Probably a mistake but Id be very happy if it wasn't. (Although, one wouldn't be the end of the world. #FirstWorldAnimeCollectionProblems)

£25 for the final part I get why but £65 for retellings is a bit eh

would of been fine if we got them a year ago. It stings a bit more with how the US has had all of them in a cheaper trilogy set, but overall only £20 more in total than it costs to import the US set so its not the worst thing ever.

All this talk of low sales of titles reminds me of something Andrew did oh so long ago, sales figures, I can understand why he doesn't now, too many other things to do but he did used to inform a lot more than he does nowadays.
Guess it's a process, turning a fan into a business man, rather than vice versa.

Re the charts - Actually the main reason I stopped because other companies who will remain nameless complained that I was publishing their data that while available via industry-wide channels was still in their opinion theirs so flailed around about it. I was understanding and respectful of it but in my opinion either there's no point in publishing just our own data because it would create a misrepresentative sample of the market place.

Definitely true I don't have time nowadays - but if I could have I'd have passed the task onto someone else internally!

Re informing folks on goings on / how stuff works: That's definitely true and I kept it going here for a very long time. Honestly I would still be doing so if I could (I always make time when I can like now!)

Sadly we hit a point where I was discussing things in my usual fashion here but one particular time I did was lifted from here and plastered on a bunch of other forums / sent to websites by someone here. That information was twisted out of proportion to paint both myself and Anime Ltd in a negative light (which is ironic, because we did the opposite of that when material was available).

At that point honestly the relationship with me and communication to all of you simply had to change and that really sucks but it's the way it goes so I handed the baton onto Andy and Jeremy more than before. You're in great hands too there and hey, I still swing in every so often as I can't resist chatting always!

Happy new year one and all too! Here's to a very anime 2020 for us all, we've a busy year here ahead and hope you all join us for the ride :).

Best,

Andrew

I wouldn't hold your breath on getting stuff from the Funi sale anytime soon, MVM said...
With regards to Funimation orders these will not get started on until we have cleared all Christmas deals, simply due to the amount of stock already in our office and the INSANE amount of Funi orders. I kid you not it is going to take me at least a month to do all of those orders, if not two...
so understandably I suspect we will be waiting a wee while on those shipping.

Last edited:
Spotted this on the AoL site and wondered if it was a mistake (going by the packshot) or they're doing it to match the 1 - 4 box in size?
View attachment 11919
This was taken off Anime Limited's site and synopsis "Contains Gundam The Origin V & VI films on Blu-ray. In keeping with the theme of our past Gundam releases, this comes presented in a Gundam Collection art box that houses the two amaray cases along with an art booklet. "

Back