UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I remember liking Plastic Memories (I think I was the only one!), but £50 for 13 episodes is too much for me.

March Comes In Like A Lion for £30 is an absolute bargain for a show I would put in my top 10 GOAT.

If I knew S2 wasn't licensed I would have never bought it for £70.

This is the curse of being an anime collector, it's basically an act of faith buying the first season blind.

I try to enjoy each season for what it is, I have the first season of The Eccentric Family and I love it. If the second season ever comes out I'll buy that too, but until then 🤷‍♂️😁

Talk of stuff like this has reminded me of something. How long does it normally take between acquiring licences and distribution? I noticed for example Tokyo Ghoul Re is coming out soon and that was obtained in 2018 so I'm assuming a year and a bit, 2 years roughly?

Talk of stuff like this has reminded me of something. How long does it normally take between acquiring licences and distribution? I noticed for example Tokyo Ghoul Re is coming out soon and that was obtained in 2018 so I'm assuming a year and a bit, 2 years roughly?

Interesting question. I imagine it depends on how quickly stuff gets signed off for art books and the like. Would defo be intrigued to here what industry people have to say.

Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade CE is out of print.

That was fast.

Back