UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Hey,
Ive been reading these forums for a while but only just now decided to get involved. Does anyone know if Anime Limited are planning on doing their 12 Days of Christmas Sales again this year?

yup they will be doing it this year, im guessing we can expect an announcement of their plans like what to expect, boxes, delivery/international etc any time from now till friday like the previous years :)

I'm expecting the usual layout - UK & IE only, Days 1 to 11 covering various titles while Day 12 is the mystery box. Since they are not using Sony DADC the situation last year shouldn't be repeated this time around.

yup they will be doing it this year, im guessing we can expect an announcement of their plans like what to expect, boxes, delivery/international etc any time from now till friday like the previous years :)

Thanks. Really cant wait for it. I spent so much last year, it hurt my wallet badly. Im hoping this year wont be as bad now I have decent selection of titles from Anime Limited accumulated over this year. That being said, I can see much being spent. The deals are really good.

I'm expecting the usual layout - UK & IE only, Days 1 to 11 covering various titles while Day 12 is the mystery box. Since they are not using Sony DADC the situation last year shouldn't be repeated this time around.

Absolutely correct, that was An Experience (TM) for us all and focussed on avoiding that happening again!

Very nice Girls with Guns avatar, Golem - I have not seen that image before, or I would have used it myself... :)

Its Akane Tsunemori from Psycho-Pass. I think this particular image was used to promote the Psycho-Pass Movie? Or maybe Season 2? Great show if you havnt seen it. Season 3 is currently airing. Season 2 is a bit of a mess, word of warning.

I made a few Akane avatars a long while ago but I wasn't that pleased with any of them, I think I only used one of them for a short time. Makes sense yours would be a newer image, I haven't really looked around online for a Akane avatar recently. PP is in my Top Ten anime, so yeah, love the series!

Absolutely correct, that was An Experience (TM) for us all and focussed on avoiding that happening again!

As a Dane I was stoked to get titles from AL's 12 Days in 2018. Sure there was a bit of a mix up.
But I received the package, and everything ended well. I was ready for this years despite last years issues.

I am realy dissapointed that instead of working it out and improving the 12 Days for intl. customers aswell, AL just throws in the towel and gives up on the idea of a 12 Days outside UK and IE.

Last edited:
No I blame anime’s fans hatred of amazon near as much because amazon don’t care if you don’t watch it and it’s cheaper than Crunchyroll content wise.
Not here it isn't, Crunchy is still €40 a year here Amazon is €7 a month. And as for Prime all you get is free 2 day shipping to Ireland, which is the same speed as their free delivery when you spend £25 or more.

How is £60 here then.
But amazon has 4K among other things if I had to cut down my bills yes HIDIVE and FUNi first but then CR because I use them the least (Cr A lot more than HIDIVE or FUNi)

I can't remember did Wolf's Rain and Escaflowne Ultimate Edition appear in last year's Xmas sale? Do things from the previous sale appear again?
Yeah if I remember rightly there was an Ultimate editions day in the sale. It wouldnt surprise me to see a similar day this time as well.

Shame it seems no one is watching Season 3.

Heck if I'm paying $120 a year for Prime over here in the US to watch 2 or 3 anime series per year. Netfix just increased their price to $12.99 per month - I only watch 2 or 3 anime per year on Netflix, and I would have dropped that service long ago except my mom and my two daughters use my account to watch a lot of movies and series. My Crunchyroll subscription is $7.99, so that's all but $100 per year, and expensive enough for streaming. If CR goes away when HBO Max comes out next year, I'll be done with streaming altogether.

Last edited:
Back