UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

If it’s £20 that’s old pricing so a yay. I will be annoyed and will confirm my suspicions that films have had their prices rise if it’s £25 EB

You are aware of this thing called inflation and the fact that the value of the pound has fallen 25-30% over the last few years? At some point you have to acknowledge the fact that distributors will no longer be able to absorb such costs and would need to pass them on. - sucks I know, but its the reality of the situation this country now needs to face up to...

Last edited:
Durarara is the deal of the week. Although I have not heard of that show myself.
It's an incredible show. 19.99 for season 1 is amazing value and I totally recommend it.

The show is effortlessly cool with a large ensemble cast (although there are 3 primary protagonists from the larger cast) and you see the weird and wonderful of life in Ikebukuro. Although mostly grounded and set in the present, it can be quite exaggerated and there is a fantasy element in the show.

It's an incredible show. 19.99 for season 1 is amazing value and I totally recommend it.

The show is effortlessly cool with a large ensemble cast (although there are 3 primary protagonists from the larger cast) and you see the weird and wonderful of life in Ikebukuro. Although mostly grounded and set in the present, it can be quite exaggerated and there is a fantasy element in the show.

Cool I might check it out then on payday this week

I'm old enough to have been there when it was all like about being the Baccano succesor. (Nobody really mentions that at all either.)
It was also one of the earlier anime titles about social media. But I think for that Gatachaman Crowds made a bigger lasting impression. Nowadays I mostly hear about it, when it's about stories that don't have clear cut main characters, because everyone is a main character.

I haven't watched the other seasons yet. They came out after the inflation of anime titles was a thing and with such a big gap after S1 they got somewhat under even when it aired. (And "limited" availability with it being AoA probably didn't help that much?)
I'm reading the LNs though, almost all volumes out there, so probably know half of ketsu. Some side characters certainly got more interesting along with some newer ones.

Everyone mentions S1 even though Ketsu is far better imo. It’s way better when it got darker.
Although the second series is great overall I prefer season 1. To me at least everyone felt like a character in season 1, but in season 2 so many more characters got introduced that many of them were pretty 1 dimensional which was a bit of a shame.

In a way in my rewatches s2 changes S1 as the main three are all terrible people and the “fun” light ish tone it takes feels wrong considering they are all terrible people. and what I’ve read of the first two volumes it makes the light tone they took for S1 feel wrong in terms of the books too.

Hmm, how could any anime fan not have heard of the Durarara!! series? Especially with two recent seasons from 2010 (26 episodes) and 2016 (36 episodes)? I guess there's too many Aniplex haters out there who just ignore their titles... :p

I'm not an Aniplex hater, I just haven't been paying as much attention to the Anime industry until I signed up here last year

Back