UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I think I'll toss my two penny worth in here also, Since Andrew has replied,
Any idea why we still are waiting for a reason for Twin star 3-4 taking so long? It's now nearly a year since part one, Two finally got released with an excuse as to why it took so long, but no reason for the delay to the second half, all we've had is two different release dates, one of which got changed and then nothing, no reason, no explaination nothing, so Andrew what is the problem?

Unpleasant truth of the matter is because it is not a strong seller by any means and it was necessary to prioritise titles that were likely to sell stronger in the short term.

Twin Star Exorcist was an unfortunate casualty there and there's plenty of qualitative arguments that some could be waiting for the full series to be out first before buying too (among other arguments). Both of those volumes are on my weighing heavy list and they'll be out by end of year though so stay tuned and sorry for the wait!

Best,

Andrew

Thanks for the reply, the wait was never really the issue, it was the lack of infomation that hacks most of us off, I'm not sure about everybody else but UK anime fans are more than used to waits, it's par for the coarse, ot's more the not knowing why we are waiting that grinds our cogs.
I.m glad you are aware of the time issue, as stated in your previous forward statement, I'll be a slightly less moany git if you can get the gaps down to 2 months or so.

If they do a fixed announcement each month like FUNi, sentai and Madman I do think it will help a lot. As we will know when we will get news unlike rn when q4 seems ever closer its like two weeks away yet no every temp schedule yet. (So yes bring on next year)

Even then when single volumes moved away from 3-4 episodes (thank god) to a higher per volume history repeated itself, it's still a bad seller which was pretty obvious before they mentioned it really, majority of people prefer complete collections and the fancy art box still wouldn't help it's case seeing as you'll end up paying 90-100GBP out side of early bird/not on promo on their site for a 50 episode anime. Good anime anyway, I got part 1 and 2 but ZZzzzz on waiting.

I didnt expect it to be a pound dollar switch its not no deal yet. Im kinda annoyed and very tempted by Zavvi's price so I shall be considering not that set.
The GBP to USD is pretty much a 1:1 at the moment for any British company trying to sell stock in the US, so $89.99 = £79.99 is about right

Keeping in mind the exchange rate has been like this for over a year now, it was obvious a few weeks ago when the Rightstuf page opened that Anime Limited was planning to sell around the £80 mark in the UK, maybe offering early bird at the £65 mark

Price to print a few disks is pretty much nothing though.

Its why the old collectors edition with DVD and Bluray was pretty cheap compared to this Ultimate Edition

Because the OST replaced the DVD, so thats no extra cost disk/set... the only added value to the release was the book.. so to say £10 difference is "ludicrous" is unrealistic when it comes to Price p/copy vs p/production

Not saying I agree with the value, far from it, but to call it "ludicrous" is unfair

Back