UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

So will the Mobile Suit Gundam Movie Trilogy come with a rigid case?

Nope this is the SE So will just be the amaray

Somehow I like this one better than the CE. Only one artwork short of the CE (which is just with some mecha, so dismissable for me) while all the more compact. (Kind of surprised it gets an o-card slipcover. Does AL France do that usually for standard releases?)

Yeah, I bought Re:Zero Part 2 with box on Zavvi on the day of start pre-order and still not arrived. Probably went missing in action during shipment. Now it's OOP, thank you, Anime Ltd, for strictly limited releases as always.

Yeah, they have some left copies for issues like mine.

Last edited:
Yeah, I bought Re:Zero Part 2 with box on Zavvi on the day of start pre-order and still not arrived. Probably went missing in action during shipment. Now it's OOP, thank you, Anime Ltd, for strictly limited releases as always.

I don't really think ALs to blame if a limited good you successfully ordered gets lost in the mail.

Trying to push the blame on this to AL seems kinda silly.

I don't really think ALs to blame if a limited good you successfully ordered gets lost in the mail.

Trying to push the blame on this to AL seems kinda silly.

I'm throwing wine on limiting the amount of items that are many users so eagerly bought. I just do not understand such a policy. Why are they producing so little?

I do wonder why AL dont reprint something occasionally that sells out super quickly? Surely it would be in their best interests too?

I guess you'll always get the whiners who'll say "Oh, if id of known that i would of waited!"

I do wonder why AL dont reprint something occasionally that sells out super quickly? Surely it would be in their best interests too?

I guess you'll always get the whiners who'll say "Oh, if id of known that i would of waited!"

I think that sometimes they will not predict how big the interest and the problem will be. But! Let's look at Sentai. They also did not foresee that there will be a lot of interest in the limited box for No Game No Life. What did they do? They created extra copies to take care for fans. Something like that is sometimes missing from Anime Limited.

Considering Funimation have UK rights that were sub-licensed to Manga in the past, I don't think Anime Limited even have the rights to the film.
Absolutely brilliant.
The time when EVA is promoted you cant get two of the rebuilds ready for next year great...
And wow at how cheap 3.33 is now.
I bought 3.33 thinking AL would release something better eventually I was wrong....

I think that sometimes they will not predict how big the interest and the problem will be. But! Let's look at Sentai. They also did not foresee that there will be a lot of interest in the limited box for No Game No Life. What did they do? They created extra copies to take care for fans. Something like that is sometimes missing from Anime Limited.

Considering that the US has more anime fans than the UK, and that's even without taking the population difference into account, realistically, it woudn't be feasible to make additional collector's editions for UK distributors, due to costs. That's why there's a set limit to how many collector's editions they make (some titles are (or were) still in print after a few years). By the way, I never used Zavvi and after seeing many people's experiences with them, I'm glad I don't.

Considering Funimation have UK rights
Do they still? Will they for much longer?
that were sub-licensed to Manga in the past, I don't think Anime Limited even have the rights to the film.
It would be nice to have some clarification on both of these, but given that the world of anime licensing seems to put most of the world's intelligence agencies to shame with how closely they guard their secrets, I don't imagine I will.

What would be even nicer would be for Andrew to nip on a plane and go see Hideaki Anno and grab all the rights for everything Evangelion away from Funi. I'm sure you can easily make the case Andrew, with how Gen Fukunaga has been badmouthing Khara. Get it done.

Do they still? Will they for much longer?

It would be nice to have some clarification on both of these, but given that the world of anime licensing seems to put most of the world's intelligence agencies to shame with how closely they guard their secrets, I don't imagine I will.

What would be even nicer would be for Andrew to nip on a plane and go see Hideaki Anno and grab all the rights for everything Evangelion away from Funi. I'm sure you can easily make the case Andrew, with how Gen Fukunaga has been badmouthing Khara. Get it done.
They don’t have the money. And Khara seems very demanding now after how Funi cocked up 3.33

They will, the US releases are still Region AB and in print.
We don't necessarily know the details of Funi's deal regarding the UK rights. It might run out tomorrow. I can hope.

What I'd really like to see is an obligation on the parts of rights holders for a particular territory to make the product available in that territory. If someone owns the UK rights, it should friggin' well be available in the UK.

We don't necessarily know the details of Funi's deal regarding the UK rights. It might run out tomorrow. I can hope.

What I'd really like to see is an obligation on the parts of rights holders for a particular territory to make the product available in that territory. If someone owns the UK rights, it should friggin' well be available in the UK.
FUNimation would have a lot to release and probably lose loads of money if they did that.
AL stupidly licensed only 1.11. Manga's 3.33 don't match their 1.11 and 2.22 the rebuilds have not been released well.

FUNimation would have a lot to release and probably lose loads of money if they did that.
Which is exactly why I don't think they should be able to acquire licenses for territories they don't intend to release them in. I mean I'm probably mad, and ignoring loads of technical stuff about business and I'm sure there are a lot of "but ayase..." replies that could be made, but it genuinely pisses me off that foreign companies can have the UK rights but do nothing with them.

Back